• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Luxury Tax threshold and trying to sign Trout long term

Docwaukee

I guess we can't assume this is correct, but I would hope that they'd fact check before throwing out the numbers. 

signing bonuses also count to the AAV. 

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/25/sports/la-sp-sn-vernon-wells-trade-20130325

They have a few things wrong with their figures.  Mainly, their opening day payroll, they list as $158 million, when in reality it was around $137 million.  My calcs show them at $155 in Competitive value, which is more in line with the $137 million payroll.

I'm trying to decide if I was in Trouts shoes...would I rather...

1) Stick with the team you came up with, get paid well, and maybe have a chance of getting to the Playoffs/WS in the next 5 years.

2) Get paid well by a competitive team, where you have a legitimite chance of going to the playoffs and winning a ring.

I dunno. Considering the way the Halos have played for the past 4 years, and what a lack of professional baseball they've played, I wonder if he'd wanna go to a team that might actually, you know, PLAY MAJOR LEAGUE CALIBER BASEBALL WHILE WINNING SOME GAMES??? I wouldn't blame him. I love Trout, but let's be honest, hitting .330 while EVERY OTHER PLAYER is under .300 is pretty much pathetic. Basically giving it your all while "veterans" are mailing it in for 25 times your salary doesn't exactly make you wanna stick around to see if somewhere down the line they'll start "caring" about winning ballgames. This Angel Organization is trying so desperately to hold on to the credibility of a decade ago when its pretty much obvious that they're embarrasing themselves. And the fat man ain't helping!

I know they've played well the last 2 weeks, but Trout is being overlooked, Trout is on a losing team, and Trout is not going to the playoffs AGAIN.

How long untill the guy actually wants to be out there winning, instead of busting his ass and getting nothing for it?

I'm not saying I like it, I'm saying if I was in Trouts shoes, I'm trying to wonder why I would even bother hanging around with this team.