• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So My old ass is going to college soon

NrM

I was fortunate enough that I lived at home, worked only 20 hours a week at a cushy job, had the time to study and write a lot. I miss blue books, popping ephedrines, staying up all night writing papers, studying and partying with my friends and 20-something coeds

I was fortunate enough that I lived at home, worked only 20 hours a week at a cushy job, had the time to study and write a lot. I miss blue books, popping ephedrines, staying up all night writing papers, studying and partying with my friends and 20-something coeds

I loved college for the exact opposite reasons as your first sentence. I lived 4 hours away from home, with my friends, and didn't have to work or worry about money.

yeah, my buddy just got a cs and has a crummy low paying entry level maintenance job. he's making more money on the side doing web based applications.

huh. where did he get his degree?

anyone who knows their stuff should never have a problem getting high paid work in tech field. 

Edited by mrwicked

I never experienced the good old days in college.  There was never much interaction outside of class, except as necessary. 

CSUF had about 125 Econ majors, so they offered just one section of each class.  There was a LOT of bad blood among the small number of students.  We had this overachiever Asian student who constantly sucked up to the professors.  He had the audacity to tell professors their classes "weren't hard enough" and would hog the professors' time to stroke their egos.  Everybody wanted to strangle him.  My junior year I walked into a classroom for the first time to find people yelling and screaming at each other.  They had a group project together the prior semester that didn't end well, so they were making their frustrations known.  From that class forward, we left empty seats in the corners of the classrooms so they didn't have to sit near each other.  The atmosphere in these classes was eerily silent before and after class.  No friendly chatter.  No small talk.  It was strictly business. 

Things were a little looser by senior year, but whenever somebody suggested hanging out after class, the Asian dude, or members of the infamous group project wanted to come along.  We couldn't stand the Asian guy and worried about a fist fight with the latter bunch. 

huh. where did he get his degree?

anyone who knows their stuff should never have a problem getting high paid work in tech field.

not sure. he was going to school while working on one of my business ventures. I think it was just one of the tech schools like devry.

not sure. he was going to school while working on one of my business ventures. I think it was just one of the tech schools like devry.

ah cool, got it. i was just curious. 

yeah its sad to say but the degree pedigree does help, especially for first job out of school.

if he's doing with on the side with web apps then sounds like he'll be fine.

whats the business venture?

his situation is a little different as well and he kind of just needed anything. the good news is he is coming up with business ideas working for this hosting company.....one I came up with is probably done a lot where starting a hosting and data storage company but simply going through a company like he works for that does all the hosting and maintenance and we'd essentially be middle men with a proxy data company utilizing someone else's services.

my company is data storage.

I'd write a thesis describing how I came up with the concept in my real estate days with regards to everything going paperless and my families company buying software and hosting from their office. so trying to hit that market and work into medical with hippa and healthcare needing to electronically store data.

as with the rest, I'm ignorant and not to.sound pompous, but am merely funding everything and providing business help. I don't know much about tech or pretend to, I just know it's lucrative.

started over a year ago and hit bumps with bad business partners and even a flood that lost a lot, but trying to get it back on track.

cool man, good luck with it.

i am knee-deep in the tech/startups/vc scene and can say that's one of the hottest fields right now - so be prepared for wicked competition.

there's some awesome stuff out there.

but if you build killer stuff and are smart about you will be fine.

I never experienced the good old days in college.  There was never much interaction outside of class, except as necessary. 

CSUF had about 125 Econ majors, so they offered just one section of each class.  There was a LOT of bad blood among the small number of students.  We had this overachiever Asian student who constantly sucked up to the professors.  He had the audacity to tell professors their classes "weren't hard enough" and would hog the professors' time to stroke their egos.  Everybody wanted to strangle him.  My junior year I walked into a classroom for the first time to find people yelling and screaming at each other.  They had a group project together the prior semester that didn't end well, so they were making their frustrations known.  From that class forward, we left empty seats in the corners of the classrooms so they didn't have to sit near each other.  The atmosphere in these classes was eerily silent before and after class.  No friendly chatter.  No small talk.  It was strictly business. 

Things were a little looser by senior year, but whenever somebody suggested hanging out after class, the Asian dude, or members of the infamous group project wanted to come along.  We couldn't stand the Asian guy and worried about a fist fight with the latter bunch. 

We had a really small group of history majors at csuf, but we all got along. Our Asian dude was a Mexican dude. He was stupid though.

• 2 years later...