• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fantasy help thread

Yeah, as bad as Spiller has been, dudes that grabbed Foster or Peterson in front of me haven't done much better. Or the injury dudes like Martin which cripple people. I was hoping to grab Lacy late, but some dude beat me to the punch. I like late round guys if they are starters which is what I did with Martin last year and we all know what happened. With Spiller and Murray doubtful I got Ellington last nght surprisingly since he is going to start and get touches.

I have Graham too, but am sitting him. I picked up Heath Miller the week before when the Saints were on a bye and low and behold fantasy nerds have him ranked 3rd or 4th this week. Their projections are so similar I'd rather go with the guy that will for sure play more. Same with Murray where he is likely to suit up, but likely won't play much at all.

Rodgers is out for a few weeks at least. I have been offered multiple trades.

I get:

RGIII

Arian Foster

Victor Cruz

He gets:

AJ Green

D'Angelo Williams

Or

I Get:

Dalton

Ray Rice

He gets:

AJ Green

MJD

I can also just put Rodgers on IR and pick up Roethlisberger and keep AJ Green. I have Vincent Jackson, Terrence Williams and Hakeem Nicks as well at WR. I also picked up A. Brown from the NYG who should be active this week. Ridley is my other back.

Edited by xboom28x

Stand pat.

Your WRs aren't very good to let Green go. At the same time, you can hit the waiver wire and at worst get minimal drop off, but continue to rack up points with Green. You'd lose more points getting rid of Green than going with someone like Roethlisberger or E. Manning.

I'm in the same boat and am hitting the waiver wire. Foles and Roethlisberger are on teams, I'm going with Manning who plays the Raiders this week. Might wire hop with matchups until Rodgers comes back.

I have a handshake deal with someone in the league to pick up Rivers from him, but it will be too obvious if I give him lower talent.

Is it a keeper league?  Non PPR standard scoring per game Green is outscoring Cruz by 1.5 points but Green still has a bye week coming up.  Meanwhile Foster has outscored Williams (Stewart back could cut into touches) by 3.5 points a game in games he's played and if you count the last game which he didn't play in it's 2 points a game while both have had their byes.  Foster always seems to be dealing with an injury but when he plays he's productive.  With Houston being 2-6 though you have to wonder how they'll handle him going forward if they don't make up any ground in the standings.  In one of my leagues a guy who has almost clinched a playoff spot traded for Rodgers knowing that he should be back before the fantasy playoffs.  If you're close to a playoff spot I'd probably grab Ben or another QB and hold out. 

Cutler wasn't a better fantasy QB than Rodgers pre-injury having the same weapons all season and if they're both on the field he shouldn't be going forward but he's definitely worth grabbing if he's available.  I had him and Russel as my QB's being the last guy to take a QB in one league and it worked out just fine and I'll pick Cutler up again shortly after dropping him when he got hurt.  That said right now he's saying with McCown playing well he isn't going to rush back. 

Interesting. I haven't followed Cutler, but factored in his weapons while Rodgers has been decimated with injuries. My thought process was the offset, plus Rodgers maybe coming back rusty or needing to get back to form.

I'm just trying to think of every option and scenario until he comes back.

I'm getting Victor Cruz back in that first deal. Also, instead of Foster (due to injury status) I am getting Tate instead. I think he's in better shape right now. Basically I am getting a QB, Top 10 WR and a RB who could or could not break out going forward in exchange for a top 5 WR and a flex option in Williams at best. I think I am going to go with this trade. The Dalton trade wouldn't work out because then I would be losing a valuable WR.

As for spare QB's on wire, Big Ben and Cutler are both gone. With the injury bug hitting almost every team, people are keeping 2 QB's more than normal in this league.

I'm getting Victor Cruz back in that first deal. Also, instead of Foster (due to injury status) I am getting Tate instead. I think he's in better shape right now. Basically I am getting a QB, Top 10 WR and a RB who could or could not break out going forward in exchange for a top 5 WR and a flex option in Williams at best. I think I am going to go with this trade. The Dalton trade wouldn't work out because then I would be losing a valuable WR.

As for spare QB's on wire, Big Ben and Cutler are both gone. With the injury bug hitting almost every team, people are keeping 2 QB's more than normal in this league.

That's what I thought but I think my first response made it look like I thought you were getting Williams.  Point wise between the RB/WR's discussed it was pretty even and you're getting a legit QB worth starting who could only improve as the season goes on and he gets stronger coming off an injury.  Tate has cracked ribs but he was on the field last week and given how much the Texans are paying Foster and the fact Tate is a FA after this season I don't think it's a bad move at all.  Again the Texans have a small window to make up ground and if they don't and Foster is still banged up it makes sense for them to rest him and ride Tate into the ground. 

eli, by a mile. cutler isn't the kind of guy that inspires confidence in having a big game statistically.

i have to start matt ryan this week because of the injury to aaron rodgers. ryan has been less than special this year, but i'm not sure there's anyone better that's available for a price i'd be willing to pay. my team is doing well and i don't want to fuss with it.

Dallas struggled mightily against Danny Woodhead earlier this season. Makes me think Sproles (who is healthy now) might have a game like he did against Miami. Especially since Graham is not 100% and Colston has been out.

Tough call. My other option is Joique Bell.

Could be worse, I traded Doug Martin for Richardson.

eli, by a mile. cutler isn't the kind of guy that inspires confidence in having a big game statistically.

i have to start matt ryan this week because of the injury to aaron rodgers. ryan has been less than special this year, but i'm not sure there's anyone better that's available for a price i'd be willing to pay. my team is doing well and i don't want to fuss with it.

went with Cutler last minute. Eli only put up 9 points in my league...yikes.

Cutler may hit his projection or come up just short.

important game for the bears so went with him.