• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Take the Halos and Run?

Ohtaniland

I posted a comment:

This is pretty much the worst article I've ever read. It reminds me of some of the whiny tirades you'd hear from members of the California state government. You also need a new fact-checker:

--Orlando Cabrera was not signed along with Vladimir Guerrero and Bartolo Colon during the 2003/2004 off-season. The Angels signed him one year later, during the 2004/2005 off-season.
--You list Gary Matthews, Jr. as one of the embarrassing signings made since Moreno started declining as a successful owner. I agree that it was a horrendous signing. However, you then mention Torii Hunter as someone whom Moreno signed during Moreno's "successful years." Gary Matthews, Jr. was signed one year BEFORE Torii Hunter. So, unless Arte Moreno is a time-traveler, Matthews, Jr. was also signed during Moreno's successful years (according to your timeline).

Edited by Taylor

That was hard to read but I plowed through it.  I had to search for the article mentioned on the first page and the quote in particular; here it is:

"Since his first full year as owner of the Angels in 2004, Moreno has fired close to 40 members of the front office, baseball operations department and scouting and medical staffs. The Angels maintain a skeletal front-office staff in many areas, and one of the leanest game-day staffs in all of baseball. If someone is let go, there often is no replacement hired. Moreno is said to gouge hours from his low-paid employees."  Lots of innuendo with nothing backing it up.    The link, if you're interested: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/scott-miller/23286878/broken-angels-tense-atmosphere-nearly-included-pujols-hunter-fight-in-2012

that article is embarrassing to actual Angel fans.  Hopefully, this guy represents the vocal minority. 

good franchises have bad seasons.  it happens.  Grow a pair and move on. 

Things go really wrong for the first time in a long time and and all of a sudden the owner is being called out for being how he has been the whole time he has been here. 

Actually, that wasn't an article, it was a tatrum equivalent to a 2 year old kicking his legs and slamming his fists on the ground because he's not getting his way. 

We tend to have bad decades.

That's why anyone who has been around should know that one bad season isn't the end of the world.  Even if you jumped on board after 2002, you got to witness the best run of winning seasons in franchise history.  Not saying it isn't frustrating to be where they are currently and everyone has their moments of weakness where it get's the best of you, but to put together a premeditated, petulant tantrum is completely absurd. 

That's why anyone who has been around should know that one bad season isn't the end of the world.  Even if you jumped on board after 2002, you got to witness the best run of winning seasons in franchise history.  Not saying it isn't frustrating to be where they are currently and everyone has their moments of weakness where it get's the best of you, but to put together a premeditated, petulant tantrum is completely absurd. 

I agree. It was petulant.

The article desperately could have used an editor who knew baseball and the Angels.

However, he makes fair points on the Anaheim City Council and their corporate welfare gift to Moreno. I didn't realize the offer was so blatantly against the interests of taxpayers.

Moreno is obviously a very successful businessman.

Moreno, IMO, is also an incredibly incompetent owner of this franchise. If his goal is to win he must be more like Henry Samueli and others. He must stop being an obsessed micromanager with his horrific judgment on player personnel and staff issues.

Seriously, Angel fans should ask for a restraining order from Arte injecting his opinion into matters other than the budget that effect the FO.

By the thread title, I thought the futures odds for the 2014 season got posted and the Angels were at 50-1 to win the world series.

If those odds are true ... then now is the time to put down a bet.

All they have to do is make the playoffs then you can hedge your way into a big chunk of cash

Edited by Troll Daddy

JoseMaldonado

Gustavo, THANK YOU for this! I was beginning to wonder of any of Orange County's Angels fans had a pulse! I mean, the NERVE of this guy! He comes to town and IMMEDIATELY turns the name of Anaheim into an after-thought! Could you imagine if your wife suddenly decided she wanted to go back to using her ex-husband's last name? Then after you protested, as, a compromise, she HYPHENATES it with yours at the end? Where is the outrage? When my Dodgers had our troubles with McCourt, we came after him with rope and torches. It's your turn, Orange County! The Angels are YOUR TEAM!! This is YOUR TOWN!!

I posted a comment:

This is pretty much the worst article I've ever read. It reminds me of some of the whiny tirades you'd hear from members of the California state government. You also need a new fact-checker:

--Orlando Cabrera was not signed along with Vladimir Guerrero and Bartolo Colon during the 2003/2004 off-season. The Angels signed him one year later, during the 2004/2005 off-season.

--You list Gary Matthews, Jr. as one of the embarrassing signings made since Moreno started declining as a successful owner. I agree that it was a horrendous signing. However, you then mention Torii Hunter as someone whom Moreno signed during Moreno's "successful years." Gary Matthews, Jr. was signed one year BEFORE Torii Hunter. So, unless Arte Moreno is a time-traveler, Matthews, Jr. was also signed during Moreno's successful years (according to your timeline).

He responded to you with "Thanks!"