• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

You know they're going well when Bonino can have the game he did and not get one of the Three Stars. Of course, Lovejoy's baby probably gave him a bit of a bump.

As far as Belesky goes, lay off the Sbisa impersonation. The games exciting enough without you making it closer with your foolish fouls.

Wow. Brian Burke is an asshole. Look at what he said about Bobby Ryan.

"I think we have to know what we're taking with Bobby," says Burke, who had him in Anaheim when the Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007.

"He's a passive guy," Burke says. And over 82 games, yes, Saad and or Pacioretty might be more attractive than Ryan. But Ryan's a game-breaker.

"He is not intense. That word is not in his vocabulary," Burke says. "It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense."

-------------

From what I remember, he was the one who strongly lobbied for the Ducks to draft him. Wonder what Bobby did to him? Slept with his daughter?

"I think we have to know what we're taking with Bobby," says Burke, who had him in Anaheim when the Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007.

"He's a passive guy," Burke says. And over 82 games, yes, Saad and or Pacioretty might be more attractive than Ryan. But Ryan's a game-breaker.

"He is not intense. That word is not in his vocabulary," Burke says. "It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense."

-------------

From what I remember, he was the one who strongly lobbied for the Ducks to draft him. Wonder what Bobby did to him? Slept with his daughter?

When it comes to Bobby Ryan, I remember generally liking him whenever I was checking out his stat line during the season, but not as much while watching him play. For me, for all the points he is able to produce he never looked like a game-changing player. I was always amazed that he had scored 30 points by the end of the season. Though I am surprised the way Burke lays him out, I wouldn't totally disagree with his assessment.

-------------

You have to remember.  Ryan was drafted #2 right behind a Sidney Crosby.  So his expectations were sky high.  He developed into a good hockey player.  But not a superstar.  

From the same article

Burke recalls fighting with his scouts in Anaheim over whether to take Bobby Ryan or Jack Johnson at the 2005 draft.

The scouts won and the Ducks took Ryan.

"I should have taken Jack," Burke says. "No way he lets us down for 12 days.