• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

Reading an article about Gibson being called up and came across this.

"Andersen is 10-2-0 with a 2.07 goals-against average and a .923 save percentage as Hiller's backup after beating Nashville 4-3 on Thursday night."

How f'n loaded are the Ducks when they can afford to send down a goalie with a 2.07 GAA and .923 save percentage?  That is f'n nuts.

Edited by nate

Reading an article about Gibson being called up and came across this.

"Andersen is 10-2-0 with a 2.07 goals-against average and a .923 save percentage as Hiller's backup after beating Nashville 4-3 on Thursday night."

How f'n loaded are the Ducks when they can afford to send down a goalie with a 2.07 GAA and .923 save percentage?  That is f'n nuts.

I think I would like to see the Ducks trade Hiller if they can get something great for him. There probably will be a small dropoff but he will be leaving after this season and the Ducks will get nothing. I also think the difference in value received between Hiller and Fasth or Anderson in a trade will be greater than the difference in play between the three.

Normally during a cup run I would say to hoard and try to resign Hiller after the season but the Ducks can't have either Anderson or Gibson not getting enough playing time in Norfolk. A goalie has to be moved so try to get something that can help you win the cup now or in the future.

"As the Ducks became only the fifth team in NHL history to win 17 or more games in an 18-game span and remained unbeaten in regulation at home (19-0-2), Hiller stretched his personal winning streak to 14. That matched the second-longest single-season streak in NHL history and put him three from the record set by Boston's Gilles Gilbert in the 1975-76 season."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ducks-red-wings-20140113,0,5893595.story#ixzz2qIgW1tQk

Natural Born Hiller!

I think I would like to see the Ducks trade Hiller if they can get something great for him. There probably will be a small dropoff but he will be leaving after this season and the Ducks will get nothing. I also think the difference in value received between Hiller and Fasth or Anderson in a trade will be greater than the difference in play between the three.

Normally during a cup run I would say to hoard and try to resign Hiller after the season but the Ducks can't have either Anderson or Gibson not getting enough playing time in Norfolk. A goalie has to be moved so try to get something that can help you win the cup now or in the future.

Before the season, I thought they would trade Hiller to get something in return.  Now I'm thinking that Fasth when he returns might be traded.  

You also have to look at the cap next season.  According to capgeek.com right now, we have $800k in cap space.  Next season, we have $23 million.  Fasth is 2.9 million of that.  Vatanen, Perrault, and Silverberg is a RFA, Koivu, Selanne, Penner, Winnik, and Jackman are UFA's.  So that $23 million can get eaten up quckly.  

Of that list, GB. I want Vatanen, Perreault, Silfvy, Penner and Winnik. We'll have plenty of money to go after a top line forward or a Dman. We'll still have plenty of room to spare. It'll be interesting if we bring back Perreault though. Rakell is on a roll in Norfolk this season. He might have the 4th line C locked in next year.

I'd maybe like to see them explore a trade with Winnipeg. Winnipeg has been a decent team in terms of possession this season but has been terrible in net. They have a lot of good young players the Ducks could use. Rebuilding teams don't often like to part with these type of players but the Ducks could trade OTT's first rounder (maybe a lottery pick) and a goalie and pick up a nice young player or two.

Also the Ducks will try to save money where possible. The salary cap is probably higher than their revenue so meeting it will mean losses for ownership. They have said they would be willing to do that if the team is a contender which it should be for a few more seasons. But spending $8-9 million a year on the goal tending situation when there is so much depth seems like a place that salary could be cut and if it builds for a cheaper future all the better.

Edited by eaterfan

Of that list, GB. I want Vatanen, Perreault, Silfvy, Penner and Winnik. We'll have plenty of money to go after a top line forward or a Dman. We'll still have plenty of room to spare. It'll be interesting if we bring back Perreault though. Rakell is on a roll in Norfolk this season. He might have the 4th line C locked in next year.

I think if we don't win the cup, Koivu will be back.  He's still cheap enough, and the young guys really seem to look up to him.