• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bummer, no Andy Marte this Sept. (Separated Shoulder)

Chuck

Hurt his shoulder diving into homeplate to score the winning run for the Bees the other night.

He had been raking in AAA and I was excited about seeing him this Sept. with the Angels. 

marte.jpg

Andy Marte separated his shoulder in Salt Lake’s win last night. An MRI scheduled 9/6 will reveal the severity of the injury, but it looks like he’s out of Game 3 at Las Vegas.  At one point his shoulder had to be popped back into place.  In any event, it doesn’t sound good…if Marte does play again this season, he’ll be playing in pain.  This is horrible news not only for Salt Lake’s title hopes, but Marte’s prospects of a September call-up to the Angels.  Stay tuned.  

Word is the shoulder had already been injured earlier in the game, and was aggravated further when Marte slid head first into home in the bottom of the ninth on a sac-fly to win Game 2 in walk off fashion for Salt Lake.  Talk about laying it all on the line for his team…Marte very well may have cost himself a return to the Majors to help his Triple-A teammates last night.

On 9/5 Salt Lake pulled ahead of Las Vegas 2-0 in their best-of-five opening round PCL playoff series.  Salt Lake’s best hitter, former Revolution third baseman Andy Marte, continued his torrid pace.

He went 4-for-5 in the game, with a solo home run, a double and two runs scored.  In the bottom of the ninth, he tagged up on a sac and scored the winning run for the 5-4 victory.  Salt Lake took the first two games at home, and now just need one win over the weekend in Vegas to take the series. However, Marte was apparently slow to get up after sliding into home head first to win the game.

Marte hit .444 in the first two games of this series, to go along with his .362 average, six homers and 18 driven in the 26 regular season games he played in Triple-A after the Angels purchased his contract from York.  Even with the parent club out of contention, he’s earned a September call-up once the PCL postseason is over, hasn’t he?  One would hope so.

http://blogtoblogchamps.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/andy-marte-has-a-monster-night-in-pcl-playoffs-but-may-be-injured/

Darn, that sucks for him and the Bees.

Can't say I'm nearly as disappointed about the fact that this might kill whatever chance he had of a September callup(which I don't know if it would have been particularly likely in the first place, because he's not on the 40-man and he's Andy Marte), but still unfortunate.

Darn, that sucks for him and the Bees.

Can't say I'm nearly as disappointed about the fact that this might kill whatever chance he had of a September callup(which I don't know if it would have been particularly likely in the first place, because he's not on the 40-man and he's Andy Marte), but still unfortunate.

Oh he was coming up in Sept. I can confirm this. 

A real bummer for the Bees and Marte's chance at making an impression in the big leagues this Sept. 

I've been tremendously impressed by his performance in SLC so far.  I've watched a couple games, he's in a groove.  His swing is aslightly more compact that I remember but he's still driving the ball like he could a few years ago.  

I really hope to see him in Spring Training.  I'm a big Lucho fan, but wouldn't be hurt at all if both he and Marte were on the club next year.  

I've been tremendously impressed by his performance in SLC so far.  I've watched a couple games, he's in a groove.  His swing is aslightly more compact that I remember but he's still driving the ball like he could a few years ago.  

I really hope to see him in Spring Training.  I'm a big Lucho fan, but wouldn't be hurt at all if both he and Marte were on the club next year.  

Competition is a good thing. I hope he's signed to give him a chance in ST next March.