• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

No more real rain expected through April.

El Nino officially goes into the books as a SoCal La Nina! 

Things that will happen before SoCal gets at least normal rainfall in a year:

All politicians do what's best for America and not themselves.

ISIS becomes humanitarians.

Sixers win their next NBA title.

Sabres win their first SC title.

No more real rain expected through April.

El Nino officially goes into the books as a SoCal La Nina! 

Things that will happen before SoCal gets at least normal rainfall in a year:

All politicians do what's best for America and not themselves.

ISIS becomes humanitarians.

Sixers win their next NBA title.

Sabres win their first SC title.

No it doesn't.

As far as I'm concerned, it does.

What is your problem anyway?   I don't dump on YOU!

My problem is that you go on these bizarre less than informed rants. I get that you're wanting the rain but try to keep it in with reality (which is what I try to inform you on). At first I tried to explain it to you with links, summaries, etc. You'd either ignore it or glaze over what I posted.

I nearly studied meteorology for my undergraduate degree and still try to stay informed with new and developing weather stories. With that said I am nowhere near an expert in weather, but I'm always open to discussions about it. Your posts are not discussions, however. You constantly knock NOAA without basis other than, "they predicted this and it's not happening!!!!!!!!" when it's just that: a prediction. Many of the forecasts use historical data to predict future weather (e.g. rainier winters for SoCal in El Nino seasons).

NOAA isn't completely guilt-free, either. Their satellites are OLD and inadequate compared to other countries. They do use European models as guidance, which have actually been more accurate, sadly.

I guess what I'm really trying to say, something I've said multiple times in this thread, is that meteorology isn't an exact science and most likely never will be. It's pointless to blame NOAA or get all ranty for no reason. That, or I probably just shouldn't respond to the posts.

You did mention one important thing, that is mentioned in various weather blogs.

That the NOAA has some antiquated equipment, which has led to more people preferring the European models.

That was exactly the kind of response I was looking for, thank you.   Not looking for biting barbs, leave that for the more innocent/good-natured ribbing discussions. 

I too have been interested in weather patterns for several years now, going back to the early days of the drought.

Weather patterns can impact the future, no doubt about that.    Some of the information about the current patterns is scary stuff.  

That said, 5 years of drought is not only damaging; it's boring too, coming from one who liked the change of seasons in precipitation that SoCal used to have.    Even just 15 inches in a year is enough of a change during the winter.

Now I know how desert cities' residents feel.

Edited by Angel Oracle