• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

A week later, and while NoCal reservoirs are getting better, SoCal has still only received about 7 inches of rain since July 1 and just 1 inch so far in March.

So much for March Miracle, first it was January that would see El Wimpo, then it was February, and then it was March.

Let me guess, an April Miracle is coming? (Rolls eyes.)

And if indeed La Nina is coming next winter, make it SIX straight drought years (single digit rain total) for SoCal by next year!

We can only hope

landscape-1450825242-gettyimages-4704809

Lake Tahoe Was Flooded With 6.4 Billion Gallons of Water in 24 Hours

More than 6 billion gallons of water have poured into Lake Tahoe in less than two days, helping the lake begin to recover from four years of crushing drought.

Since midnight Monday, the lake has gone up 1.92 inches, the equivalent of 6.39 billion gallons of water, according to the National Weather Service. The water comes as a winter storm slams the Sierra, bringing several feet of snow to higher elevations and rain at lake level, which sits at roughly 6,223 feet.

The lake—the second deepest in the United States behind Oregon's Crater Lake—was hit hard this year by the drought. Over the summer, the lake was shockingly low. Many boaters were unable to get their crafts into the lake after waters pulled back from most boat launches.

Upon travel to Big Bear this weekend, I noticed that in addition to the east side of the Stanfield cutoff still being bone dry, the main part of the lake on the right side by the homes seems to be some 300 feet out from where it was in normal years, pretty depressing.

Laugh all you want, but at this stage the main lake will pretty much become a pond in another 5-7 years.    

The drought is no laughing matter to SoCal.

March miracle?    El Wimpo fails for yet another month!

At least NoCal is beginning to return to normal, still lots of work/rain/snow to be needed though.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Upon travel to Big Bear this weekend, I noticed that in addition to the east side of the Stanfield cutoff still being bone dry, the main part of the lake on the right side by the homes seems to be some 300 feet out from where it was in normal years, pretty depressing.

Laugh all you want, but at this stage the main lake will pretty much become a pond in another 5-7 years.

The drought is no laughing matter to SoCal.

March miracle? El Wimpo fails for yet another month!

At least NoCal is beginning to return to normal, still lots of work/rain/snow to be needed though.

Sometimes, it's best to be a lake half full kinda guy.

I bet the waterfalls are spectacular

They are. There are even waterfalls where there were dried up streams the past 4-5 years.

Cant wait for the water levels to drop enough that I can get in and do some gold panning in a few places I have worked in the past. My hot spots are all filled back in, and knowing the contours and crevices that trap and hold gold is 80% of finding it. (The rest is hard work)

So it's been very warm and somewhat dry here in Denver for about a month and a half. We've had about a dozen days of 70+ temps, including yesterday.

As we all know, payback is a bitch.

Blizzard conditions, 8-14" of snow, and it was still raining at 2 AM (it was still about 50 at midnight).

Winds are 30-40, gusting to 50.

I worked for (the original) Frontier Airlines, and we were headquartered  in DEN. Although I never lived there personally, I dealt with DEN weather every day, one way or another, Stapleton was almost a second home....and yeah, it's some really screwy stuff.

Edited by Homebrewer

I worked for (the original) Frontier Airlines, and we were headquartered  in DEN. Although I never lived there personally, I dealt with DEN weather every day, one way or another, Stapleton was almost a second home....and yeah, it's some really screwy stuff.

DIA is much better than Stapleton. It was designed as an all-weather airport, but Wednesday proved that wasn't the case. Of course, it's hard to stay open with 50 mph wind gusts and 1-3 inches of snow per hour. In addition, the only access road was shut down because of accidents (not the first time THAT'S happened).

Total snowfall in Denver ranged from about a foot up to nearly two feet depending on the part of town. The airport was in the sweet spot for this particular storm. This all happened in about 12 hours.