• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

All I know is, it's been significantly colder than normal in SoCal the past 2-3 weeks.  

That's strike one for El Nino, the SoCal edition, as it's supposed to be at or above normal temps during it.

Only 1 1/4 inches of rain has fallen in SoCal since November 1, about 1/3 of normal.

That's strike two for El Nino, the SoCal edition.

If next week's storm fails to appear, STRIKE THREE!    El Nino, the SoCal edition, becomes El WIMPO!  

Edited by Angel Oracle

If it doesn't float AO's house and car downriver to the sea, he will continue to shake his fist at the sky and curse.

So here's hoping that AO is beset by water inundation enough to at least make an insurance claim.

Happy El Nino, AO!

Get yer floaties ready and put them by the door, Mother Nature is coming for you..

All I know is, it's been significantly colder than normal in SoCal the past 2-3 weeks.

That's strike one for El Nino, the SoCal edition, as it's supposed to be at or above normal temps during it.

Only 1 1/4 inches of rain has fallen in SoCal since November 1, about 1/3 of normal.

That's strike two for El Nino, the SoCal edition.

If next week's storm fails to appear, STRIKE THREE! El Nino, the SoCal edition, becomes El WIMPO!

Hahaha! Classic!

So now, only about 3 inches of rain are predicted for SoCal between now and February 11.

That makes a whopping 4 1/4 inches from November 1 to February 11, or about THREE to FOUR inches UNDER normal.

Soooo, where is this sure thing El Nino everyone was talking about in SoCal, including the stupids at NOAA????

I have fun as much as anyone on here.

I will say though Gavin, that yes I understand forecast can truly go out a week tops.

I also understand that so far there has been no real rain in SoCal and that in past El Ninos there has been much more than 1 1/4 inches of rain by December 29. 

This is even worse than the past four years of drought.    Doesn't seem like El Nino to me.

NOAA, the ones predicting much above normal rain here from December through March, has egg on their faces so far.

Edited by Angel Oracle

http://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we08a.htm

Take a look at the rainfall for 97-98. Yeah, it rained 2.5 inches in December, but you make it seem like NOAA predicted 10 inches in December. One other thing to note, El Nino doesn't always mean above average rain. It's a trend that includes above average rainfall. Correlation not causation