• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Here's a few forecast maps I found showing the amount of predicted rainfall for the months of Jan through April.  Above average rainfall is concentrated more in Nor Cal starting now thru January, then Cen Cal and So Cal get more into the mix in Feb thru Mar.  Like Homebrewer has said, we need to wait until the Jan-April months for the bulk of the rain to hit (I hope) before declaring this a bust.

Blue=above average, although how much "above average" I don't know.

IMME_prate_us_lead1.png

IMME_prate_us_lead2.png

IMME_prate_us_lead3.png

IMME_prate_us_lead4.png

At least central California is getting rain/snow.

Here's what I see though for SoCal via accuweather.com for what has fallen November 1 through today: a whopping 2/3 of an inch, under half of normal.

And predicted for today through January 30?

A whopping 2 1/3 inches, also about half of normal

One would think the rains would be increasing in January, but no such thing yet.

NOAA keeps on pushing back when the big rains will arrive.

They still claim Jan/Feb/March period will be well above normal precipitation in So Cal. With January not looking good, that looks like fools gold.

It is said that El Niño is now totally in place.

But to me, it = Arte Moreno going past the luxury tax threshold. Not seeing it

a year or two ago there was a very short forecast that glendale would get snow. my daughter was so exited about it she took a screen shot. the prediction was gone within a couple of hours, but oh, for a few minutes there, we had a glorious hope of actually see snow at home.

Detailed Forecast

Today

Rain. High near 46. South southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight

Rain. Temperature rising to around 47 by 10pm. East southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Tuesday

Rain. High near 49. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night

Rain likely before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday

A 20 percent chance of rain after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.

Wednesday Night

A slight chance of rain before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday

Snow. High near 36. South southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming east in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Christmas Day

A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph.

We have had a ton of rain over the last month as well as a foot of snow.  So much that even three days after it has rained there is still standing water everywhere.  We were below freezing from Thursday-Sat so it all froze.

Now it has been pouring rain again.  My backyard has this perpetual little stream going through it.  When it was frozen this weekend my daughter took a little sled and slid down it over and over.

DWjOr8xh.jpg