• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

So let me get this straight enso/noaa.

First you say El Nino will peak in mid/late autumn.

Then you say it will peak in late autumn/early winter.

Then you say it will peak in January.

Maybe if you keep delaying it, you might get it right? SMH

You do realize El Niño is a phenomenon that has nothing to do with weather, right? Because for a dude who goes around yelling about weather you sure do seem to be misinformed.

El Niño is the warming of the tropical Pacific waters. The peak of an El Niño means the warmest those waters will get.

Edit: also, predicting water temperature is harder than predicting weather, FYI... The more you know 💫

Edited by Gavin

supposed to get up to 68 toasty degrees here today.

Snow and low 20's predicted for next week!

Real winter is coming to the central sierra...I'm washing my thermals later today, and then breaking out the heavy gloves, wool socks, and checking the snow boots for black widows..

I have some oatmeal stout that I have been mellowing since early September, waiting for the first snow.

MMMMMM

Regarding the earlier comment about El Nino not having anything to do with the weather?

Then why have the past El Ninos back to 1982-83 generally been rain producers?

The Pacific waters are already significantly above normal, seems like they are getting close to the peak.

Where then is the rain, weather folks predicting twice the normal rainfall in SoCal?

All I see is just an inch or so total forecast from November through December, a third of normal.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Regarding the earlier comment about El Nino not having anything to do with the weather?

Then why have the past El Ninos back to 1982-83 generally been rain producers?

The Pacific waters are already significantly above normal, seems like they are getting close to the peak.

Where then is the rain, weather folks predicting twice the normal rainfall in SoCal?

All I see is just an inch or so total forecast from November through December, a third of normal.

Rain in the southern states is an effect of El Niño. Just like the drought in Indonesia that's occurring currently or the massive flooding in Africa as well. Predicting a strong El Niño has to do with how much warmer the water in the southern pacific is than normal.

Read this if you have more questions:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-el-nino-temperatures-new-record-20151117-story.html

Mariposa Weather for Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Winter Weather Advisory takes effect at 4:00 P.M. today.

Partly cloudy today with clouds streaming into the area leading to an 80% chance of afternoon/evening rain that could be heavy at times. Up to 0.25" of rain possible for Tuesday. The rain will turn to snow during the later evening hours. Cooler today with the high temp topping out around 61 degrees in Mariposa. Some areas could be breezy today. The low temp for tonight is forecast at 32 degrees. With the snow levels dropping to around 2,000 feet Mariposa could see two to five inches of snow with this weather system that will last through Wednesday. Yosemite/Sierra could have around 11 inches of snow. Yesterday's high temp topped out at 69.3 degrees, 4.6 degrees cooler than Sunday. The low temp yesterday came in at 45.4 degrees. Wednesday has a 60% chance of rain/snow showers, with a couple of inches of snow possible for Mariposa as the high temp tops out around 42

Weird weekend.

It was cold last week, I go to La Jolla and it's 85-88 all weekend...probably hitter, I'm just going by the car and cell. The Chiefs/Chargers game in the sun was brutal. I guess it was even hot up here in OC.

Now it's back to cold in the late afternoon evening with clouds rolling in.

You should be OK....the snow really didn't materialize as much as expected and it's pretty much over.

Rent chains if you don't have them, though.

You probably wont have to use them but CHP requires you to have them in the vehicle up here.

I have a set of chains at work...won't fit my tires, but at least I'll have "something" to show...

I have a set of chains at work...won't fit my tires, but at least I'll have "something" to show...

That'll work. Really only need to worry if something happens, hit ice, spin into a ditch, hit a deer, etc.

It's dropping in temp pretty quickly the last couple hours, ice is more of a concern now than snow.

Be safe.