• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Watching the news I saw an image of a Triumph Spitfire burned up. We have a member in the Triumph Club that lives up that way but haven't heard from them. I'm going to have to make some inquiries. They live in the Forrest Falls area that was under evacuation orders.

Looking closer at the photo, he had two Spitfires, one inoperable but the car in the front photo is a probably an MGB. 

20240911_101646.jpg

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

he had two Spitfires, one inoperable

i'm having deja vu...

i hope your friend and his family are safe. this has been some nasty fire business this week. 

Edited by Tank

17 hours ago, katie said:

My friend’s mom lives near 22nd and Mountain. They are in the evacuation warning zone. Her aunt and uncle refused to leave their house in Baldy and it’s already going down towards the dam.
My mom just got this but none of her neighbors nor my best friend (who lives a couple blocks away from my mom) did:

IMG_1768.jpeg

any updates on your mom and her friends? 

Terrible.

California wildfires: Bridge Fire explodes in size, man arrested in connection with Line Fire

In an update Wednesday afternoon, officials said 20 homes were destroyed in the Mount Baldy area, and 13 in the Wrightwood area, as well as six cabins in the wilderness. There have been no reports of significant injuries or deaths.

Then again, I don't think they know that the guys are camping in the East Fork.

Oh, and he should be put in a wooden box in the middle of the forest and set on fire.

Officials said Tuesday a man was arrested, accused of sparking the Line Fire that is burning in the foothills of the San Bernardino National Forest, east of Los Angeles, and now spans over 34,600 acres at 14% containment.

Justin Wayne Halstenberg, 34, from Norco, allegedly started the fire in the area of Baseline Road and Alpin Street in the city of Highland on Sept. 5, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office said.

Officials said in a press conference Wednesday that an automatic license plate reader flagged his vehicle near the area where the fire started and led investigators to look into him. Officials said Halstenberg works for Fedex as a third contract delivery driver.

“It’s my belief that as time goes on and we allow (investigators) to do the critical work that they’re doing, that we will actually find out this suspect may have been responsible for other fires,” San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus said. 

He said investigators believe Halstenberg set the Bridge Fire intentionally, but did not disclose how, saying, “that will be one of those pieces of evidence that does allow us to connect it to multiple fires.”

Close call: Beloved SoCal ski resort survives Bridge Fire

Despite dramatic video shared on social media that appeared to show the resort surrounded by massive flames from the Bridge Fire, and erroneous reports that the resort had burned to the ground, Mountain High officials announced that the property had ultimately dodged a bullet.

The resort, which is located in Wrightwood well within the Bridge Fire perimeter, announced that all the main ski lifts and buildings survived the flames with little to no damage.

They downgraded our evacuation order in Moonridge from Mandatory Evacuation Order to an Evacuation Warning but we decided to head out anyway and turn the next few days into a mini vacation in Dana Point.  No need to breathe any more smoke when the town is 90% vacated.

My dog seems to like it down in Doheny Beach. Way easier to breathe for him.  Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.  You AW’ers rule.

IMG_3367.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i'm having deja vu...

i hope your friend and his family are safe. this has been some nasty fire business this week. 

Just got the confirmation it wasn't their house or cars. Sigh of relief but it's still someone else's tragedy. I don't think there is punishment enough for the A-Hole that set this fire.

18 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

They downgraded our evacuation order in Moonridge from Mandatory Evacuation Order to an Evacuation Warning but we decided to head out anyway and turn the next few days into a mini vacation in Dana Point.  No need to breathe any more smoke when the town is 90% vacated.

My dog seems to like it down in Doheny Beach. Way easier to breathe for him.  Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.  You AW’ers rule.

IMG_3367.jpeg

Jimmy's Famous for dinner?