• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

28 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Well Round 1 is over.  Now the REAL test is coming tonight through Saturday morning.  3-5 more feet expected.  No big deals….

38196A53-46C8-467A-9D7C-14FE39E28C17.jpeg

Microspikes or crampons?  Because even though you have chains on the snowblower, that looks like a Renner waiting to happen.  That looks more suited for a sled.  

Good luck up there.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Microspikes or crampons?  Because even though you have chains on the snowblower, that looks like a Renner waiting to happen.  That looks more suited for a sled.  

Good luck up there.  

Neither.  I try and catch the snow before it ices over.  The chains work fine when the snow is powdery.  The next phases, the storm is coming over the Pacific, so it will contain a lot of moisture which is going to suck.  That’s the worse snow to try and clear, because it’s so heavy and tends to ice up very quickly.

Thats a Jeremy Renner scenario.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:34 AM, gotbeer said:

On 2/20/2023 at 6:22 PM, gotbeer said:

@PattyD22  Still looks like BBQ weather.  

Not today or tonight @gotbeer.  Maybe next week for the BBQ….

2A8926D2-DFBA-4F36-ADE2-CAF275C1AA94.jpeg

My son moved to Minneapolis and this is his first winter. He says the road crews are fantastic, 20 inches of snow disappears of the roads immediately and his HOA takes care of shoveling off this front porch and walkways. His BBQ however is lost to the snow gods but it's harder to use in 14 degree weather. Tomorrow starts a heat wave where it will get to the mid 30's. 

10 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Since Tuesday, we have received almost 5 feet.  It’s currently dumping as I speak.  We probably got 2 feet overnight.  I’m running out of room to put all the shoveled snow.

FFB9F9DD-A1FF-4084-A062-230B4894310F.jpeg

B9E9D247-38E1-4085-9341-6EEE540FB616.jpeg

D0B1B9A9-3C2F-4942-89A3-15FAE6F3E880.jpeg

D19F4935-2CA3-4F01-9CA6-76E8671C7FB6.jpeg

F1E5D160-56E3-489D-9A44-F7F1A97B4390.jpeg

I thought your area would look a lot worse.  That looks manageable after a few beers.  

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I thought your area would look a lot worse.  That looks manageable after a few beers.  

I’ve shoveled a few times earlier in the week.  I simply gave up.  Fuck it.  It will melt eventually.  

I just miss my BBQ.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

CHP and CalTrans has officially closed all the roads into Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.  Hopefully this will allow CalTrans to catch up on the plowing.

I’ve been here 10 years and this is the most snow I’ve seen up here.  Good thing is the lake is up 6 feet, and after the snow thaws, that should increase the lake even more significantly.

746FE045-D91B-484D-9764-152D31984524.jpeg

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’ve been here 10 years and this is the most snow I’ve seen up here.  Good thing is the lake is up 6 feet, and after the snow thaws, that should increase the lake even more significantly.

That's good news.  When I was up there in October, the lake was looking pretty bad.  Even that marshland area was completely dry.  

27 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That's good news.  When I was up there in October, the lake was looking pretty bad.  Even that marshland area was completely dry.  

You should be pleasantly surprised when you come up and hike this spring @gotbeer.  The lake and creeks will be flowing like we haven’t seen in years.

Even Baldwin Lake has water in it for the first time in over 10 years.