• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

48 minutes ago, calscuf said:

When it's 85 in Big Bear it's like standing on the surface of the sun.

95 in Arrowhead, FML.  Also just saw a fire getting going pretty good over in Forest Falls, if there is anywhere I wouldn't want to be with a fire around the corner is a steep wooded canyon with 1 way in or out.  

My daughter was driving through Redlands today and it was 118. That's crazy weather for the Inland Empire

121 Here today in Bullhead City, Arizona. My guys claim it was over 125 at one of our jobs today down in Needles.

It hit 117 today in San Dimas. I'm so glad that a month ago I heard a slight rattle in the air conditioner motor and called the service guy out before the heatwave. Bearing was definitely going bad so I had him swap it out, motor and all and replaced the filter. 

So today it's been 72 all day at our house. It's going to be 72 tonight and 72 tomorrow. 

What heat wave? 

Update: our maintenance guy is out of town and can't help. He called two AC companies but they were both closed. We checked to see if  it was a circuit breaker (it wasn't). We called a repair guy who came out last time. They were also closed but we left a voicemail and hope they'll respond tomorrow morning. Since we live in a house owned by our employer, we called one of the administrators to let him know what's going on. Said if we don't get it fixed tomorrow to let him know , whatever that might lead to.

I'm staying my moms apartment tonight but my wife and daughter decided to stay at our house - and I'm not thrilled about this part - to take care of our cats, feeling that moving them would be more disruptive to them than staying. If they can't properly cool down with the three fans in the house, they'll go to my brothers house.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Update: our maintenance guy is out of town and can't help. He called two AC companies but they were both closed. We checked to see if  it was a circuit breaker (it wasn't). We called a repair guy who came out last time. They were also closed but we left a voicemail and hope they'll respond tomorrow morning. Since we live in a house owned by our employer, we called one of the administrators to let him know what's going on. Said if we don't get it fixed tomorrow to let him know , whatever that might lead to.

I'm staying my moms apartment tonight but my wife and daughter decided to stay at our house - and I'm not thrilled about this part - to take care of our cats, feeling that moving them would be more disruptive to them than staying. If they can't properly cool down with the three fans in the house, they'll go to my brothers house.

all through college, i lived in an apt with no AC, and we got over 100 throughout July and Aug

every fan in the area was sold out at every store after the first big heat wave. i'm assuming the same is happening down there

i was lucky enough to have a relative with AC nearby, or i don't know what i would've done

good luck to all of you

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

What kind of unit do you have? You're renting so isn't that the landlords responsibility? 

It is, but the maintenance man is out of town so we had to seek other options. We've been in contact with the landlord all along.

AC guy was here 45 minutes ago. It was a blown fuse on the unit. Quick fix and our AC is working fine now. We'll give the receipt to the landlord Monday and get full reimbursement. Kudos to the AC company. The tech told me they're not open on Saturdays. I imagine their bill was a tad more than usual this morning, but that's okay with me. 

Our maintenance man already called this morning to check on us. He was still trying to find someone to come out here but that's no longer needed. He's going to stop by this coming week to double check things for us. We're in good hands.