• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Here's a local news clip about the baby being rescued. Amazing that the baby was swept down to his house, and they were just outside at the right moment to hear it crying. Just incredible. 

http://www.ksby.com/story/37227392/man-rescues-baby-from-montecito-mudslide-wreckage

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Heard from a friend, who talked to a friend in Goleta.   The reason for the long delay in getting the road cleared is that they are being deliberate about it due to people still being missing, and fearing that the missing may be found under the road debris.  

there are still three people listed as missing, including a kid.

Good point, just as long as some rain returns in February.   We can't afford another extreme drought.

Irony in all of this is that even Santa Barbara is only at its' normal rainfall for January 1 through the 22nd.   If the half inch in 5-10 minutes deluge hadn't happened, the mudslides/flooding may have been minimized because 2 1/3 inches in 24 hours itself usually does not produce anything like what was seen.      

37 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's amazing to me how quickly it became so dry and brittle after so much rain last winter. by june, it looked like the drought had gone on uninterrupted. it was really strange.

There were only a few storms that dropped the water on us in January/February.   Likely that a lot became runoff, due to the drenching nature, and thus didn't go deep enough into the soil to help keep the vegetation alive longer?

Up here we have had near zero rain and snow, and whats worse, it's way warmer than normal. There is very little snowpack on the Sierra crest, and it's green as spring and daffodils are blooming down here where it burned like never before last summer. 

Setting up for an even bigger disaster of one type or another. Stay tuned, this will be news soon.

And of course, no rain through February 7, with highs between 75-90 from January 27 - February 7.

At this rate, Orange County will wind up with just 2-3 inches of rain for the entire year (October 2017 - September 2018), the lowest amount since records were kept.   Only less than an inch has fallen in central Orange County from October 1 - January 24.

Permanent drought is here.    And the very few storms that hit will cause tons of damage.   What kind of F'd up weather is that?   Never used to be like that, back to 1877.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

at school i ran my heater this morning and my a/c this afternoon.

And that (extremes from nighttime to daytime) has happened so far this weather season far more than it ever has, since I moved back here in 1966.  There's the source for so many of the colds/flu this season. 

On 1/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, Homebrewer said:

Up here we have had near zero rain and snow, and whats worse, it's way warmer than normal. There is very little snowpack on the Sierra crest, and it's green as spring and daffodils are blooming down here where it burned like never before last summer. 

Setting up for an even bigger disaster of one type or another. Stay tuned, this will be news soon.

pretty grim up here too.  We've had one storm of note, and luckily it dropped a good amount of water.  but we've got an impossibly long way to go to get to our "average" of 40 inches/year.  I don't even think we got that much last year after the hose turned off in February, and before that it was 20 inches or so a year since 2011.  If this continues then the fire season next year could be apocalyptic all over southern california.

1 hour ago, well_red said:

pretty grim up here too.  We've had one storm of note, and luckily it dropped a good amount of water.  but we've got an impossibly long way to go to get to our "average" of 40 inches/year.  I don't even think we got that much last year after the hose turned off in February, and before that it was 20 inches or so a year since 2011.  If this continues then the fire season next year could be apocalyptic all over southern california.

California fire season is now all year..and if this weather pattern holds (hot summers- no rain) it's just gonna get worse. I'm looking seriously at getting out of this state and going farther north.

• 2 weeks later...