• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

55 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Run some fans and drink plenty of cool water. Close the blinds too from the afternoon sun. Good luck.

maintenance man changed the filter but that didn't help so he's going up on the roof to check it.

no fans in my classroom. been drinking water all day and the shades are always pulled.

got home and the a/c isn't cooling here, either. guy coming out this evening. it's 85* in my living room right now.

i bloody hate this weather.

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

maintenance man changed the filter but that didn't help so he's going up on the roof to check it.

no fans in my classroom. been drinking water all day and the shades are always pulled.

got home and the a/c isn't cooling here, either. guy coming out this evening. it's 85* in my living room right now.

i bloody hate this weather.

At that point, you just say f it, and head for the driving range.

a/c company came out to the house today and discovered our coil was a mess. they cleaned it and it's as good as new, so we're in good shape at home.

at school, our day went a lot differently than planned. got a text from my principal at 7:40 am that school was cancelled today. figured it was because of the extreme heat headed out way. turns out one of our classrooms caught on fire. the amount of fire was limited and was electrical - a power strip ignited some time during the night/early morning and started to burn slowly, then the flames came out at some point. fortunately and fortuitously for us, this all happened by a 40-gallon fish tank. the flames were rolling when the fish tank exploded, and the water ended up extinguishing a lot of the flames. FD came in and put out the rest at that time, only needing one hose to do so. very fortunate that the walls were filled with cement/concrete (whichever it is) and used some cinder blocks because this was a first story classroom, and if it flared, it would have led to an entire wing of classrooms catching fire, including mine. fire damage was significant, but the smoke damage was even worse. the classroom and everything in it is a total loss.

teachers spent the morning helping the affected teacher relocate to an empty classroom not too far away. we all contributed extra supplies we had, from pencils to paper to erasers to playground balls. i was very impressed by the team i work with. we'll need to replace all of the textbooks, but all of the students' school supplies have been replaced from our extras. the classroom has also been decorated, with teachers contributing posters and helping cut out letters for a setting more familiar to them. it already looks like she's been in this new room for several months. 

on a side note, my classroom a/c was fixed and works fine now. 

Power came back on after midnight then went out about an hour ago. Estimate is around 3pm for it to come back on. I have to work today so I'm heading out soon and my wife is coming with me. It's kind of a beach day run since I work in Santa Monica. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Temps in Long Beach for the next ten days are expected to be in the low 80's or high 70's. That's fantastic for this time of year.

All this heat and nary a word about bixby knolls.

I hope you were well equipped to handle temps in the upper 140s.

Yesterday I installed a new thermostat that I could set for various time and temperature settings to rest the air conditioner while we are at work. It was really simple since we were replacing a Honeywell with the same brand, no wiring needed just attached the new unit to the old wall mount, plug and play.

Immediately upon turning on the air conditioner I hear a squeling metal on metal noise coming from the backyard. I go out to investigate and it's the exhaust fan for the air conditioner. I tried a quick spray of WD40 hoping it would apply enough lubricant to allow it to spin freely. 

It died minutes later grinding to a screetching halt. Repair guy is scheduled for Thursday morning. 

• 1 month later...

Since when did Mother Nature switch September and October weather?    Yet another heatwave next week????

Anddddd, of course, La Nina is predicted this winter.

Yep, things that will happen before SoCal gets at least 20 inches of rain in a year:   Sabres win SC, Browns win SB, and 76ers win their next NBA title.    

52 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Mid 90's again by next Monday.

Prime fire weather. October in southern California.

Hate it!

Best part of living in the mountains -- don't have to suffer through the heat & wind during Santa Ana's, we don't experience the compressional heating.  Of course, I live in a tinderbox that could go up at any time.... and then there is the snow and ice... and the fog... still think it tilts in my balance.