• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

• 2 weeks later...
On July 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Homebrewer said:

Talk of opening town today...no details yet but at least people could get basic supplies (BEER) and gas etc.IMG_20170721_071645155_HDR.thumb.jpg.7acdc51ea90acc2e3eba692dd883754c.jpg

View this morning..Still like a war zone around here.

Something tells me you never served 

12 hours ago, LHalo said:

Hey @Homebrewer. Everything turn out ok?

Depends on how you look at it. This is a small, close knit community. I know several people who lost everything, and one older gentleman who I knew well, died of a heart attack while packing things to evacuate. He wasn't found until this week. Very sad. There were several other similar deaths.

Over 120 square miles burned here, and spot fires are still popping up regularly. Fire season is just starting, and I have a grab bag by my front door ready to go at any time. There have been lots of fundraising events, I spent the day at one yesterday. T shirt hawkers are set up in several places around town...I'll wait until they are ready to move on and get a couple at bargain prices, like I did in the Telergraph fire in 08.

I came out relatively unscathed except for a rattled psyche and a fridge full of food...but this has been a true disaster and this town and this area will take a long time to recover. Fire leaves an ugly landscape and a lot of pain in it's wake.  Like most people here I'm still alive, but I'm changed.

• 3 weeks later...

107 in glendale and my classroom a/c quit working. they changed the filter but that hasn't fixed the problem. it feels like death in here. 

it's  also parent orientation night tonight. not going to be fun or pretty.

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

107 in glendale and my classroom a/c quit working. they changed the filter but that hasn't fixed the problem. it feels like death in here. 

it's  also parent orientation night tonight. not going to be fun or pretty.

Run some fans and drink plenty of cool water. Close the blinds too from the afternoon sun. Good luck.