• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Jezzus...this week is gonna suck. Don't even wanna go out of the house.

Note:
With today's high temps forecast at 108 degrees in Mariposa, protect your animals and check on your elderly neighbors.

Mariposa Weather for Monday, June 19, 2017
Note Updated on Mon. Morning: Excessive Heat Warning until Thursday, June 22, 11:00 PM PDT
And
Merced River at Pohono Bridge: Flood Warning in effect from Monday, June 19, 01:00 AM PDT

Valid at 6:00 A.M. Sunny and HOT today as the high temp tops out around 108 degrees with a low temp of 70 degrees. Isolated afternoon T-storms along the Sierra crest today. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 99.0 degrees (5.0 degrees warmer than Saturday) while the low temp came in at 68.4 degrees. Sunny and HOT on Tuesday with a high temp around 108 degrees.  Future high temps: Wed.: 107 degrees. Thu.: 107 degrees. Fri.: 104 degrees. More weather information

Too hot to handle: Study shows Earth's killer heat worsens

Killer heat is getting worse, a new study shows.

Deadly heat waves like the one now broiling the American West are bigger killers than previously thought and they are going to grow more frequent, according to a new comprehensive study of fatal heat conditions. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/hot-handle-study-shows-earths-killer-heat-worsens-48133208

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Jezzus...this week is gonna suck. Don't even wanna go out of the house.

Note:
With today's high temps forecast at 108 degrees in Mariposa, protect your animals and check on your elderly neighbors.

Mariposa Weather for Monday, June 19, 2017
Note Updated on Mon. Morning: Excessive Heat Warning until Thursday, June 22, 11:00 PM PDT
And
Merced River at Pohono Bridge: Flood Warning in effect from Monday, June 19, 01:00 AM PDT

Valid at 6:00 A.M. Sunny and HOT today as the high temp tops out around 108 degrees with a low temp of 70 degrees. Isolated afternoon T-storms along the Sierra crest today. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 99.0 degrees (5.0 degrees warmer than Saturday) while the low temp came in at 68.4 degrees. Sunny and HOT on Tuesday with a high temp around 108 degrees.  Future high temps: Wed.: 107 degrees. Thu.: 107 degrees. Fri.: 104 degrees. More weather information

Can I drive from the Central Valley to Bridgeport now?

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Can I drive from the Central Valley to Bridgeport now?

Over Sonora Pass (108), yes. It's longer than Tioga (120) but actually imo more spectacular. Takes you from Sonora right into Bridgeport.

Tioga probably won't completely open for another couple of weeks at least (maybe longer). It's open to Tuolumne Meadows but not into Lee Vining yet.

BULLHEAD CITY — The excessive heat warning for the Tri-state has been extended through Friday by the National Weather Service.

Today is likely to be the hottest day of the week with a forecast high of 126 in Bullhead City and Laughlin and 123 in Needles, Mohave Valley and Topock.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/warning-extended-temperature-could-reach-degrees-in-tri-state/article_028ee7b0-5593-11e7-804d-cfe4481ecdc8.html

So weird. I've been in AZ for just under a year now, and when I first got here in July last year, I walked outside the Sky Harbor Airport to get picked up, in the underpass shade, and the 115 degree weather hit me like a wave. I thought to myself..."This can't be real." But it was. And it proceeded to be that way for the next 2 months. I couldn't stand it.

Over the course of the year, I've somehow adapted. 80 in my apartment is pretty damn comfortable. 100 outside is noticeably warm, and while 110 sucks, and 120 is pretty absurd, it just feels like it's supposed to be that way. There's really no complaints from me, I'm just glad I'm not dripping sweat constantly. They say it's "dry heat" which avoids that, and people back home in Cali can't believe it, but I think just accepting it and moving on has helped me.

I sweated my BALLS off at 90 in SoCal, but I don't sweat out here in Pheonix. People start putting on jackets in AZ when it hits 70 during the winter. And still for me, that's shorts and T-Shirt weather.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

played golf yesterday in the middle of the day. it was about 90* but i didn't melt. pleasant summer day.

90 is tolerable. It's forecast to drop to that here next week  89-92 all week starting Mon. Going to be such a welcome relief from above 100.

yosemite-significant-snowpack-at-tioga-p

There are still significant amounts of snow at the Tioga Pass Entrance Station.
The Tioga Pass Entrance Station with several feet of snow on June 22, 2017.
Snow pack levels are changing daily along Tioga Pass Road. NPS photo

Park staff continue to make necessary repairs for visitor safety

June 24, 2017 - The Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park (Highway 120 through the park) remains closed to all vehicular traffic, including bicycles. Melting snow is causing water to run over the road in multiple locations, creating a safety hazard. Park staff and partners continue to conduct necessary repairs to power, communications, water, and sewer systems along the Tioga Road following a record-breaking year for winter snowpack. 
yosemite a snow crushed portable toilet that needs to be replaced after a record snow year in Yosemite nps photo
 A snow crushed portable toilet that needs to be replaced after a record snow year in Yosemite. NPS photo

The park is diligently working to ensure that adequate sanitation facilities are in place to meet visitor needs and to protect the water quality in the Tuolumne River watershed.  Due to safety and sanitation concerns, Tioga Road will remain closed until the impacted power, communications, water and sewer systems are operational to meet the needs of park staff and visitors. There is no anticipated opening date at this time.

April snow surveys indicated that in the high elevation regions of Yosemite, the park saw the highest snowpack on record. In many locations above 8,000 feet in elevation, the snowpack measured over 200 percent of average (based on water content). The increased snowpack has resulted in a late opening of the Tioga Road for the summer season. Warm summer weather has led to increased melting of the snowpack, resulting in high water levels that are fluctuating daily.