• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

All three of Wisconsin’s largest cities yesterday saw the highest temperatures observed on any December, January, or February day in more than a century of record keeping. 71 degrees in Milwaukee in February?!

Nate must be in heaven.

Nah, there's gotta be at least one In N Out in heaven..

40% chance of rain today (well, 100% since it is raining lightly right now) and then NOTHING for the rest of the week!

Hallelujah. 

What a winter. I don't think there is a front door/door jam in town that isn't swollen out of shape with the constant moisture. On the other hand, all the cars and trucks around here are unusually clean.

This might be the warmest February I can recall living in the Midwest. I love it, but it seems like we've had pretty easy winters for two years in a row now (not out of the woods yet... March can be horrible some years). It just feels like we've gotta be in for a horrific one next year. We've really only had one or two rough weeks this year.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Went to the range today.  Almost put on sunblock.  Such a nice day.  We need another 365 days like today.

I'll be at the Scholl Canyon driving range at 10:30 Sunday morning. Feel free to come and join me.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

I'll be at the Scholl Canyon driving range at 10:30 Sunday morning. Feel free to come and join me.

See your mail.  But I'd like to join you.  But will be giving blood, so can't make it.  I haven't given in like 20 years.  But with a friend fighting leukemia, and having the health scare.  It's something even golf can't break.

We had Thunder-snow today in town, at about 2000ft. It was a heavy downpour of thick huge snowflakes, almost a whiteout.

Accompanied by thunder. It didn't stick for more than a few hours but there was a lot of moisture runoff from the system.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:15 PM, mrwicked said:

Heading back to Tahoe this weekend. Hopefully don't have the transpo shitshow as when I was there two weekends ago (80 closed on the way in, pothole blowing tires on the way out so I ended up driving 180 miles on a spare donut). 

Weather looks fantastic. 

Well f*ck. 

Was gorgeous Friday and Saturday, and then got 2-3' of snow Saturday night and it just kept snowing so the 80 and 50 got shut down.

Took us nearly 13 hours to get home. Left at 4:15pm, got into the city at 5am. Lots of just being parked in traffic.

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Well f*ck. 

Was gorgeous Friday and Saturday, and then got 2-3' of snow Saturday night and it just kept snowing so the 80 and 50 got shut down.

Took us nearly 13 hours to get home. Left at 4:15pm, got into the city at 5am. Lots of just being parked in traffic.

Sierra passes in the winter are just a bad bet. 

Sincerely,

The Donner Family

I found it on the CHP-Truckee FB page. It is real.

Apparently it was parked at the end of a driveway when this winter began. They didn't use this vehicle regularly, and did not keep up with snow removal (Obviously!). As the snow melted/compacted/got heavier, it acted like a glacier, and slowly pushed the jeep out into the road a bit. When Cal-Trans got a break, and worked on widening the narrow roads, they clipped the back of this car since it was not visible in the snow pack.

Here is a picture of the parking lot at Alpine Meadows Ski Resort to give you some perspective 

IMG_2378.PNG