• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

Just make sure you're like the Asians who put them on and drive around on plowed roads causing road damage.  The people up there love that.  Almost as much as the Mexicans who have their entire winter vacation on a turnout off Highway 38.

4 hours ago, Taggart said:

nothing like sitting in bumper to bumper traffic thinking there is a serious accident only to see a bunch of 1987 accords pulled over with mexicans trying to go down mild slopes with trash can lids and boogie boards

They make for great snowball target practice on the way back from the slopes.

22 hours ago, Lawrence said:

My Dad took a picture of us and the station wagon under that tree. I think I was 7 years old at the time.

20 hours ago, Taggart said:

nothing like sitting in bumper to bumper traffic thinking there is a serious accident only to see a bunch of 1987 accords pulled over with mexicans trying to go down mild slopes with trash can lids and boogie boards

Go up the backside through Apple Valley.

3 hours ago, cezero said:

snowed another 4 inches last night, and now a sheet of freezing rain is coming down to cover it. 

school cancelled again. 

hoping this is a wake up call for the city to devote more money to winter weather issues. 

we're basically losing a week of summer break because we have to make up these instruction days. 

our senior class is pretty stoked, though. they won't have to make up any of the lost days. 

i don't see why snow should completely cancel education.

it doesn't cancel work. everything can be done remotely these days.

get everyone in the district good high bandwidth internet access.

this should be a priority anyway. the US is f*cking stoneage when it comes to internet access. better internet = better students = better and more succesful citizens.

everyone gets a slack/google hangouts account, and a decent web cam.

do 20 min sessions, maybe once an hour from 8am until 3pm or whatever.

done.

Sounds like Tahoe is getting hammered. I have rarely seen the words "Life Threatening" used.

GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, TRUCKEE, STATELINE,
AND INCLINE VILLAGE
351 AM PST TUE JAN 10 2017

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST WEDNESDAY...
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 4 AM
PST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RENO HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD
WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER
STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 4 AM PST
THURSDAY.

* TIMING: DANGEROUS BLIZZARD CONDITIONS DUE TO HEAVY SNOW AND
  STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.
  PERIODS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH
  WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING: 5 TO 10 FEET ABOVE
  7000 FEET WITH 3 TO 7 FEET AT LAKE TAHOE LEVEL.

* WINDS: SOUTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH THROUGH
  WEDNESDAY MORNING. SIERRA RIDGE GUSTS OVER 100 MPH.

* SNOW LEVELS: BELOW LAKE LEVEL...MAY BRIEFLY RISE TO 6500 FEET
  THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE FALLING AGAIN.

* IMPACTS: DANGEROUS LIFE THREATENING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WITH
  NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY WILL EXIST FOR TRAVEL AND OUTDOOR
  ACTIVITIES WITH HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION ON ALL SIERRA ROADS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS IS A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRAVEL!
ROAD CREWS AND FIRST RESPONDERS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESCUE YOU.
STAY INDOORS UNTIL THE SNOW AND WIND SUBSIDE. EVEN A SHORT WALK
COULD BE DEADLY IF YOU BECOME DISORIENTED.

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

get everyone in the district good high bandwidth internet access.

this should be a priority anyway. the US is f*cking stoneage when it comes to internet access. better internet = better students = better and more succesful citizens.

everyone gets a slack/google hangouts account, and a decent web cam.

do 20 min sessions, maybe once an hour from 8am until 3pm or whatever.

done.

but you're forgetting something - no one wants to see their teacher still wearing his/her pj's during english class.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Our neighbor is having their swimming pool re-plastered or something. What a fucking racket that machine makes.

reminds me of photos when people empty their pools (stupidly) in the rainy seasons. and then without the weight of all that water holding the concrete (or whatever a pool is made of) down against the upwards pressure from water table in the ground....

up it goes! 

1-holiday-popped-pool-web_.jpg

13 hours ago, mrwicked said:

reminds me of photos when people empty their pools (stupidly) in the rainy seasons. and then without the weight of all that water holding the concrete (or whatever a pool is made of) down against the upwards pressure from water table in the ground....

up it goes! 

wow, crazy... we're up on a hill here so I guess that's not an issue.

Of course what qualifies as the "rainy season" here is 3 inches of rain in a month.

Might get a F-all ice storm Friday-Sunday if the temps stay low enough. Really hoping that doesn't happen. I've been through a lot of crap weather in my time in the Midwest (blizzards, an F4 tornado, crazy storms, ridiculous hail, etc...), and there is nothing more frightening than a true ice storm. F#%^s absolutely everything up. The last time I went through a real bad one was in December of 2007. Most people in town lost power for a week, some as long as two weeks. The town I was in didn't finish cleaning up from the storm until March.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Last night in big bear. Can't sleep. Watching some shitty magic show and the power just went out. We are going to freeze our asses off if this shit doesn't come back on quick. 

Start a fire?

Also recommend not wasting battery power posting in AW threads.

You know why I like Adam?

Because he frigging tells us his location.

All you guys - "We got three inches of rain here" - "We got a dusting of snow here"

Would it be that hard to tell us where you are - I don't know you jabronies and I certainly don't know where you live.  And most others don't.

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

You know why I like Adam?

Because he frigging tells us his location.

All you guys - "We got three inches of rain here" - "We got a dusting of snow here"

Would it be that hard to tell us where you are - I don't know you jabronies and I certainly don't know where you live.  And most others don't.

We might get snow tomorrow here.

I'm at your mom's house.

I lived in Coeur d'Alene for a few years in the late 70's...the first year I was up there was the coldest in decades...Lake CDL froze completely over and the high for a 2 month stretch was something like 10. Coldest winter I ever spent, and I've also lived in Alaska.