• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Hunkering down for a 3 day event up here. Heavy rain starting in a few hours, then snow, wind, and cold.

Went to the library for a few books in case the power goes out, which it usually does when we get snow and wind.

Looks like it will last until Tues morning.  

And neither the 82-83 El Nino (11-12 inches from October through January in SoCal) nor 97-98 El Nino (8-9 inches from October through January in SoCal) were nearly as dry as this one has been (3-4 inches from October through January in SoCal).    

Funny, weren't all experts saying this one was on par with those two?

Could have fooled me. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Meanwhile, being up here at Big Bear and seeing the part of the lake not used for boats totally dried up sucks. And seeing the main lake's boat ramps having moved out a lot due to drying up, is worse than I imagined.

But go ahead and laugh Adam and Gavin.

If this keeps up in SoCal for 5 more years, it won't be a laughing matter any more.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Meanwhile, being up here at Big Bear and seeing the part of the lake not used for boats totally dried up sucks. And seeing the main lake's boat ramps having moved out a lot due to drying up, is worse than I imagined.

But go ahead and laugh Adam and Gavin.

If this keeps up in SoCal for 5 more years, it won't be a laughing matter any more.

Big Bear Lake is too cold to swim in. 

The Latest: California snowpack brings good start to winter

Officials in drought-stricken California say the water content of the Sierra Nevada snowpack measures 130 percent of normal for this time of year.

Recent El Nino storms have drenched the state following its driest four-year period on record.

Officials say storms brought the snowpack to its highest level in five years; but the state's major reservoirs remain critically low.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-california-misses-water-conservation-target-180146827.html

Pushing 70's up here in the Sierra by Mon-Tues, too.

The rain/snow has been good, and we needed it, but everyone's ready for a break. Let everything dry out for a while. Lots of horses getting tired of walking and standing around in the mud. With the hot and dry summers and no rain the past few years, much of the natural grasses died out, leaving lots of bare dirt, which has turned to mud with the constant rains. Talked to one of the local vets at the store this morn, and she said she is dealing with lots of hoof-rot problems with all the large animals. I'm going to go out with her a few days next week just to help her clean and inspect hoofs because the vets and farriers cant keep up, and are getting backlogged.

Some warm, sunny days will start the ground cover sprouting roots to hold the soil together. 

Eat your heart out AO.

Edited by Homebrewer

LOL

I got to experience the rain/sleet/snow at Big Bear this weekend.   That was epic.   Was smart too, we took the MARTA bus from the I.E. up to Big Bear on Saturday morning and then back on Monday afternoon, and let the bus driver do the driving.  

The Sierras snowpack is a good beginning.   Lots of work to be done still, especially in SoCal . 

Edited by Angel Oracle