• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

• 2 weeks later...

119 here in Bullhead City, AZ today. Looks like it will be over 120 this weekend. 5:00 this morning it was 88.

This time of year we have no cold or cool water. I get home at 5 pm and have to take a hot shower. No cool water until October.

119 here in Bullhead City, AZ today. Looks like it will be over 120 this weekend. 5:00 this morning it was 88.

This time of year we have no cold or cool water. I get home at 5 pm and have to take a hot shower. No cool water until October.

Around here everyone shuts off the water heater and uses the water in the tank as the cool water.

Man, and people ask me how I deal with the winter.  That is way worse!

It was 71 here today with a light breeze and clear skies.  Literal perfection.

Arch Stanton,

Isn't it really hot there for a long period of the year? Do the nights cool off or stay hot like here? Do you get a winter there?

It's starting to get real hot. Since I'm on the Gulf it's also humid for double misery. It's 7 pm and I'm sitting in an outdoor pub and it's 108. But the beer is cold and the winter here is like the most pleasant spring.

So to sum up....5 months of misery, 3 months of regular hot and 4 months of great weather.

It's starting to get real hot. Since I'm on the Gulf it's also humid for double misery. It's 7 pm and I'm sitting in an outdoor pub and it's 108. But the beer is cold and the winter here is like the most pleasant spring.

So to sum up....5 months of misery, 3 months of regular hot and 4 months of great weather.

Humidity makes it so much worse. We only have humidity in part of July and August

4 months really hot June-Sept

1 month really warm-hot May

4 months good weather Oct, Nov, March and April

Dec, Jan and Feb cold and windy. Cold for us, not cold for other areas. We wear sweatshirts in 65 degree weather

I left Florida for Alaska in August one year. I was wearing a jacket while they all wore shorts.

Good story, but same for us when we travel. My kids are born and raised here and the heat doesn't affect them much at all. My son wears black shirts all the time with black hats.

When people from cold areas come here they really have a hard time with the heat. Even when it's only 95-100 which is just warm for here.

They also don't realize that up to 110 you can drive around with your windows open and stick your arm out to cool off. But when it's higher than that it can actually burn your arm. Especially over 118. So while they are on the water they don't feel it, anything off the water and you do. Not sure how the motorcycle guys drive around here in the summer afternoons.

My guys work early and try to get off early. But some of my crews can work all day in the heat all summer long. Amazing. I am used to the heat but I'm outside only limited times of the day and I wear a straw hat that covers my ears.

As the doctors were carving the carcinoma out of my scalp they were advising me to avoid direct sunlight. 6 years on the Nellis flightline was enough for any balding white boy to deal with.

I'm sure you are wearing a hat after having that cut out. Do you use sunblock?

Nellis AFB in Las Vegas? Really hot there also.

I carry water where ever I go. And at work I pack an ice chest everyday.

One of my guys shaves his head and hardly ever wears a hat. No spots or anything and it never gets burned. Some people can stand the sun.

Here in Denver, it's been a very cool and wet spring (after March...which was very warm). We were supposed to have our first 90 today but that's been pushed back to tomorrow (and for the 4 days following) due to some clouds. Most of the state of Colorado has been dealing with flooding due to wet weather, now people living near the rivers will be dealing with flooding due to accelerated snowmelt in the next few days.

I love this weather we're having here right now.  I wish it would stay like this year-round.

75 during the day

nice cool breeze in the afternoon, down to around 64 at night

perfect