• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

I absolutely love it when people post this.  Let me tell you how stupid it is.

Think of it like this, you are a two income family and suddenly you just lost one of your income streams.  Now your mortgage went from 30% of your budget to 70% of your budget.  You are considering cancelling or cutting down on some services like cell phone, cable tv, etc but nah **** it cause look at this pie chart, the mortgage already takes up so much of it!  Budgeting comes from many sources big and small.  You guys realize that ag has been rationing for years right?

thanks for breaking it down for us screwball

Things In California Are Even Worse Than You Realize

If you don't find the fact that California is going into its fourth year of drought scary enough — it's the worst in 1,200 years, mind you — a water scientist from NASA just dropped a truth bomb that's absolutely terrifying: There's only about one year of water left in the state. Period.

"As difficult as it may be to face, the simple fact is that California is running out of water — and the problem started before our current drought," Jay Famiglietti, the senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory/Caltech, writes in a Los Angeles Times op-ed. "NASA data reveal that total water storage in California has been in steady decline since at least 2002, when satellite-based monitoring began, although groundwater depletion has been going on since the early 20th century."

The worst part of all? There's no real plan in place for what happens next in a situation like this. Because California has always naturally bounced back from droughts in the past, everyone has been winging it, relying on groundwater and waiting for rain that hasn't come.

But, but ISIS! And gays are getting married, y'all!! That s*** is gross

Came across my first midwest thunderstorm yesterday. Shit was gnar and looked like armageddon.  

That said, strangely the CA drought is one of the big topics here and people have legit responses.

I obviously disregarded the middle aged woman that asked if I was worried about CA breaking off and falling into the ocean..........ironically, OK being a huge energy hub for the US, I had a great convo with a geologist who did his dissertation on CA tectonic plates and said the reason we haven't broke off is because if San Andreas and two other plates at the top of CA. He said what's going to happen in 200 million years or so is that instead of breaking off, CA will move north and SF will be next to Seattle. Essentially a shift like Pangea.

I was in Oklahoma last week when the thunderstorm and tornado hit.....shit people from SoCal never prepare for or expect.

Luckily, where the tornado touched down I had just left the area and relocated to where the storm started. I saw the clouds come in but figured it would be rain like when I arrived. I came back to the hotel from dinner and it looked like armageddon, just super dark, loud, lightning flashes, rain, and swirling winds that were blowing shit over.

This pic was taken by my cousin that lives next to where it landed.

10428127_10203272806331838_3014955932705

That stuff just happens out here man. You might not see a tornado every year, but chances are that there'll be at least one within 10 or 15 miles of you a couple times a year. And you're certain to see some truly apocalyptic storms at least a few times a year, with a good solid thunderstorm once or twice a week in late spring/early summer. We had one in Omaha last year with 80mph winds that dropped an inch of rain in 8 minutes, and 4 inches total over about 5 hours. What I love though is that people here give zero Fs about that sort of thing. The reaction to a tornado warning (which goes by county) is usually, "Cool, let me figure out exactly where it is and where it's going, then decide if/when I need to care." I've only ended up needing to take shelter for one. And I did it responsibly in a basement bar.