• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Nate, how do you deal with that kind of weather?

I can't bring myself to ever consider moving to an area that gets that cold. I wear a sweatshirt in 60 degree weather.

Of course I live in the desert and people say they can't deal with the heat.

Same idea.  I hate anything above 75 degrees, I think it is miserable.  In this weather you just bundle up and it isn't bad.  I mean this is extreme, you have to stay inside, just like you would if it were 120 out.  Anything above about 15 though is no big deal.  Jacket, thermals, jeans and a beanie does all I need.

Same idea.  I hate anything above 75 degrees, I think it is miserable.  In this weather you just bundle up and it isn't bad.  I mean this is extreme, you have to stay inside, just like you would if it were 120 out.  Anything above about 15 though is no big deal.  Jacket, thermals, jeans and a beanie does all I need.

yeah, you really don't spend much time outside in weather like that. when we would visit relatives in nebraska at Christmas, we'd just spend pretty much all day inside. any time outside is simply walking from the car to the store and back.

i wonder how you heat your house. do you use gas or heating oil? 

yeah, you really don't spend much time outside in weather like that. when we would visit relatives in nebraska at Christmas, we'd just spend pretty much all day inside. any time outside is simply walking from the car to the store and back.

i wonder how you heat your house. do you use gas or heating oil? 

hqdefault.jpg

Appleton is about an hour and a half NW of me near Green Bay.  It is on the northern tip of Lake Winnebago which is a pretty large lake.  The climate is mostly the same.  I am on the lake so we get more snow and slightly warmer temps in the winter and colder in the summer.  Barely though.

If the humidity is high and it is really cold I think maybe it bites a bit more but on the other hand when it is dry and cold it really does a number on your lungs.

Biggest difference here vs Denver is once we get to freezing temps in early/mid December it doesn't go away until Mid Feb-Early March so the snow stays on the ground and everything stays frozen.  This year we are expected to be into at least the first week of March with freezing temps.  We have had less snow though so when it finally does warm up it shouldn't take more than a week for all the snow to melt.  Last year we had 3 feet of snow on the ground early March and it took at least two weeks for it all to melt.

Edited by nate

Brace yourself, AO. The Western U.S. may soon be facing the worst drought in the last 1,000 years.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/western-us-could-soon-face-worst-megadrought-millennium-180954238/?no-ist

Wait... This shit happened a thousand years ago? What the **** were the Mayans and Aztecs doing?