• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football 2013

Game Day is finally here!  Time to un-lay that egg from last season, and continue the return to glory!

This years' version looks pretty good, and I expect them to return to prominence with a top-10 finish again.  They start hosting the Temple Owls today as a 30+ point favorite.  I don't expect to see too much of the offense-flair we've been hearing about vs. the Owls today; they'll save that for next week.

I do expect Tommy Rees to quarterback an offense than will methodically run-over the Owls.  The defense is pretty-highly rated as well, and hopes to hold the Owls down.  We should expect to see almost all of the Irish players getting time in today's game!

With a tough schedule, I'll be happy with with a top-five finish and hopefully a chance at redemption in the Championship Game.

• 3 weeks later...

This years' version is not as good as last year; they may win some games late vs. the Purdues of the world, but it won't fly this year.  This game vs. Michigan State will set the tone for the rest of the season.  Win, and they could move-up in the polls.... lose, and it's pretty much over.

Well, the Irish have snorred their way out of another shot at a National Title, but they can still finish in the conversation.

They get #12-ish ranked Oklahoma at home tomorrow; probly their last shot at a ranked team until they face Stanford near the end of the season.  A win might prop-them-up a few rungs, but a loss (especially any lop-sided destruction) would most likely book them into the Poinsettia Bowl...

I think Oklahoma is favored by 3 1/2 and 49 over/under.  I'd bet OK with the points, and under after the Irish embarrassed them last year.  Hope I'm wrong.