• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Crazy new drop ride coming to Six Flags Great Adventure NJ

Finally! A reason to visit Jersey!  Jest kiddin; I have relatives there and we're Giants fans...

This ride looks insane, but I'm in!  What makes me more nervous, is when somebody else packs my shute.  But, supposedly the odds that any of these rides will fail when I'm on it are pretty long.

I have to wonder what stops this thing when it gets to the bottom?

.........and what if it fails???!!?

Permanantly fastened magnets.

Magnets don't fail.

This is exactly like Drop of Doom at Magic Mountain, attached to Kingda Ka, a pre-existing ride which has the world's tallest coaster moniker.

This is Six Flags using a drop ride system which worked at one park, applying it to another, beating its own company record, and using that record breaking feat for marketing and adverstisement.

The best parts about these drop towers is (1) they are true free fall drops not controlled like Supreme Scream and other S&S towers and (2) the towers they are attached to rumble and shake when the coasters they are attached to are launched. For example the Superman cars or the Kingda Ka trains go through their normal operating circuit and shake the towers while you're on the drop rides. Just a whole lot of fun all the way around. Pretty cool!!

Just read that the new "Windseeker" ride at Knotts will be re-located to a sister park, after a few malfunctions.  It's the tall, swing ride that was never open when we went to the park.

One of the malfunctions forced riders to sit for hours until they could be brought back down to the ground.  Which would be fine with me, if there was stewardess-service...