• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

It sounds like Afflalo is likely headed to NY or Sacramento but nothing is done yet.  Like I said earlier if they strike out in FA I really hope they don't do something stupid like trade Russell, Randle, Clarkson and possibly more for Cousins.  Even if they don't do that after striking out I envision them making some terrible signing next year when the salary cap goes up and Kobe is off the books.

LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation

Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston's analytics, on-court projections in their presentation. Not so with the Lakers.

More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.

I see what CM is saying.   Kobe has gotten too much blame these past few years.

But I also have to agree that Kobe is one of the two 800 lb. gorillas in the room, along with the doofus Jimmy Bob.

As much as Kobe has meant to this org, he is soon 37 and hasn't played meaningful minutes in over a year.

Monroe to the Bucks.

Also, Gasol has to be the only player Kobe has ever gotten along with.  Probably because Pau had no interest in being the center of attention.  Most basketball players aren't that way.

This isn't on Kobe. Kobe has 1 more yr maybe 2016-17 (might not even be with the lakers). That's it

I put this on ownership and the higher ups of the FO.

How do you not close deals with these guys. The lakers have a solid core of young players actually (mostly in the back court) they needed to find a big man, maybe 2.

Now they will be below avg all season with zero first round pick next yr and no real big free agents next summer. The lakers have all this money and no one wants to be here. The buss family is a joke.

Edit- also I believe they drafted Russell believing they could have signed one of the big man free agents. They whiffed. Now not drafting okafor and have zero inside presence looks stupid

Edited by nando714

Every FA knew well that Kobe will likely only play one more season for the Lakers.    That had nothing to do with this colossal failure.

Jimmy Bob is a total joke.

He thinks the NBA is all about Hollywood.

Sell the @$^^@ team Jimmy Bob, you @$^T^Y@#$ DOOFUS!    Go back to playing the horses!   It's the ONLY thing you understand with that pea-sized brain! 

How the @#$^^ you were fathered by a great like Jerry Buss is beyond me.