• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I like seeing the progress of Clarkson, and the solid work by Ellington and Hill and others.

But now it increasingly appears that we HAVE to hope for the three worst teams to all come up in the lottery, otherwise the Nash trade totally screws this org!

If they lose that pick in this year's draft I will be really pissed.  I'm not a fan of the tanking philosophy because it's a loser's mentality...but the Lakers have to tank this year to keep their pick.  They have to do a better job of losing these close games. Also add me to the no to Rondo camp.  If the Lakers sign him and max him out...that could be the final straw for me.  This franchise has made some really boneheaded decisions the last few years.  I have stuck by them and hoped for better decisions moving forward and Rondo isn't one of them.  Damn between the Lakers debacle and UCLA 's mediocrity under Alford I have nothing to get excited about in my favorite basketball teams.  

ESPN on the Lakers: “Team officials regard [their top-five pick] an essential piece to L.A.‘s rebuilding efforts around Kobe Bryant.”

Did we miss something?

The thought in the front office would be to trade the top 5 pick for someone like Durant or Westbrook to play with Kobe, Randle, Swaggy P.

The thought in the front office would be to trade the top 5 pick for someone like Durant or Westbrook to play with Kobe, Randle, Swaggy P.

They would have to make darned sure though to extend the contract of the one they acquire, before making the trade.

Otherwise, no deal!

Anyway, the word on the street is that Durant may want to go back home to DC to play for the Wizards, now that they have a solid team.

Westbrook WAS the picture of health his first 3 NBA seasons, and is perfect for the Lakers (hometown guy and MUCH needed athletic PG).

But, he has missed some 65 regular season games over the past almost 4 seasons.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It was a good day indeed, as Clarkson also continued his push with 25 pts and 6 assts against the West's #2 team.

He will be one nice part of the rebuild, with the size to play both guard spots.

Just need for Minnesota to start winning, still only 3 wins in back of the Lakers.

Philly and NY are tanking lost causes.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Saw an interesting trade suggestion on another board.  If we keep our #4 or #5 pick, trade it to Atlanta (who owns Brooklyns current #9 pick) along with Swaggy P in exchange for the #9 pick and Dennis Schroder.  With the #9 pick take Willie Cauley-Stein.  I'd do it in a heartbeat if WCS could be guaranteed with the #9 pick.