• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

DeAngelo Russell more and more reminds me of a shorter version (and yes a little less talented version) of Magic Johnson.

He scores from outside and inside, shoots FTs really well, passes well, and rebounds well, all from the point.

You do win more in the NBA than anything with a great perimeter presence, along with a rock solid interior one.

If only Cauley-Stein could fall to around # 20-24 in the draft (depending on Houston's record).

The epic tank has now reached 12 losses in 13 games.

Lakers now have 3 less wins than the 5th worst team in the league (Orlando).

That 4th spot that the Lakers are in would clinch keeping the draft pick, as only one spot can be lost in the lottery.

The draft lottery selects the top-3 picks I thought.  In a long-shot, isn't it possible that #5/#6/#7 (or some such combination) are picked for picks 1-3, in which case teams #1/#2/#3/#4 all slide down to picks 4-7.  I guess my point is aren't only teams 1-2 guaranteed top-5?  Maybe I have it wrong.

I was misunderstanding it some.

It is true that if none of the 3 worst teams get a top 3 lottery spot, that could still drop the Lakers below the 5th spot even if they have the 3rd worst record. The 2nd worst record, in that scenario, would then clinch a top 5 pick.

At this rate though, the worst record is still attainable. Philly is hot. NY is playing much better. Orlando's win on Friday was worth 2 games. Even the T-Wolves have won 2 straight and have Rubio and Kevin Martin playing again.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I was misunderstanding it some.

It is true that if none of the 3 worst teams get a top 3 lottery spot, that could still drop the Lakers below the 5th spot even if they have the 3rd worst record. The 2nd worst record, in that scenario, would then clinch a top 5 pick.

At this rate though, the worst record is still attainable. Philly is hot. NY is playing much better. Orlando's win on Friday was worth 2 games. Even the T-Wolves have won 2 straight and have Rubio and Kevin Martin playing again.

Totally agree that worst record is obtainable.  I'm fine with second worst as well.  Although it is possible, I think it's highly unlikely that three teams outside of #5 will slide down to 1-3 so getting the #3 or #4 will most likely allow us to keep our pick.