• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Butler is a man so far this season.

Rose is showing the effects from playing only 49 games over the previous three seasons, as points/assists are down and TOs are the same.

He's just stupid, also.

He's a POINT GUARD that's shooting about 30% from three point range...so what's he do...Rose shoots MORE THREES.

If he's going to the basket 80% of the time..fine, but I don't get it.

Check out D'Angelo Russell of Ohio State when you get the chance as he will likely be in the discussion for players we should draft.  I'm sure you can YouTube him.  He is a freshman point/shooting guard and is rising to the top of the draft ranks, along with Okafor and Karl Towns.  I watched him against Maryland last night and his game is pretty sweet for a freshman.  Good handles, nice range, willing rebounder and defender, but the big thing that I saw was he has amazing court vision and makes the right pass consistently.  Doesn't force action. Top-4 pick gets you Mudiay, Russell, Towns or Okafor.  

I love Russell's size for a PG at 6-5, and the complete statistical look (Big-10 games averages of 23 pts, 5 assts, 2 steals).

Mudiay is an interesting story of course, de-committing from SMU and turning pro to play in China. Like Russell, he is a 6-5 PG.

Towns probably is the least ready of the four to contribute immediately. But the size and athleticism is there.

Any one of those top 4 players would be a great addition.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I like that Towns is active defensively and could pair well with Randle, helping with rim protection.  He also has a nice jumper and could drag a center or power forward in some lineups out to the 3-point line and allow Randle to bully his defender without weak-side help.  I suppose it depends on what one believes will be there to select with the Houston pick, too.  More likely a nice point guard or small forward prospect there than a center, which maybe makes some sense to prioritize Towns with the early selection.

I love Russell's game though.  If there was a way to guarantee someone like Willie Cauley-Stein was available with the Houston pick, I'd jump at Russell.

NY is 5-2 in its' past 7 games since Melo returned.    They should be passing the Lakers not too long from now.

Focus now is on Philly, who is 10-21 since starting off 0-17, and Orlando (15 wins), who needs to start winning again. 

Minnesota may be a lost cause though, although Rubio returns this week.

I'm beginning to think that putting in a RFA offer on Khris Middleton from Milwaukee would be a great move.  He could be our future at the SF as he is only 23, can shoot the 3 and is a strong defender at the wing.  I think there is a strong chance that Milwaukee wouldn't match because they have a young core that is going to get very expensive within the next season or two and he plays a position they have covered.  He would be a strong complimentary piece to the overall build and way more likely signing than Jimmy Butler.

Add him to D'Angelo Russell at PG through the draft, Kobe returning from injury, Randle returning from injury and then sign someone from the FA ranks at center (Kosta Koufos/Ed Davis combo?) and we are building a young, exciting team that should improve markedly in 15'-16'.  Add someone like Tyus Jones with the Houston pick and we are better longterm with a higher ceiling in a hurry.

Russell/Clarkson/T. Jones

Kobe/Clarkson/Swaggy

Middleton

Randle/Kelly/Black

Koufos/Davis

The other thing, which is probably more important, is that we are collecting lots of assets while developing a solid core.  If a big fish wants to move, we would look a lot more enticing than we do now AND if we need to trade to acquire that fish, we'd have better pieces to do so.