• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

So...are there any thoughts on the rebuild?  Clearly we want to add some youth with our potential top-5 pick plus Houston first rounder.  Any targets that interest you?

We will have some available cap space this coming summer.  How would you spend it?

And the salary cap is expected to jump in 2016-2017 season combined with the expiring Kobe contract.  LOTS of cap space that season.  Thoughts?

I think the Lakers will go after two names this off season, Kevin Love and Rondo. I would like to see them get Love but I'm not optomistic. The real rebuild won't happen until after next season. With a top five pick this year (fingers crossed) and hopefully a healthy Randal it could be a good start. This team could use some magic in the second round as well.

I want a PG. Most or all PGs in the league are signed to multi-year deals and I do not want Rondo as he can't shoot a lick. Tyus Jones has looked good for Duke this season, although, I would like to see him put on a few more pounds. He may not be a 1 and done guy. We'll have to wait and see. But I think finding a true PG is next for the Lakers.

Rondo is not good.  IMO the Lakers should tank for one more year once they are rid of Kobe they can hopefully build a good team through draft picks and all the cap space they will have.

If the Lakers retain their top-5 protected pick this year, it ishighly unlikely they keep the 2016 pick.  It will only be top-3 protected and the Lakers should be much better next season, what with Randle's return, this seasons top-5 draftee, and the free agents we will likely add to the roster.

I agree that the Lakers need an upgrade at point.  It will be interesting to see the manner in which they achieve landing one.  There are a few restricted FA's that the Lakers could put out a contract to (Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, Corey Joseph) but it's risky waiting three days to find out if the home team matches the offer.  I like Goran Dragic as an UFA, as long as he declines his player option.

I have a feeling that Mudiay will be taken before we get the chance in the draft, but someone like Tyus Jones would be a nice get with a 20-something pick if he comes out.

We might need some luck to acquire legitimate center help in the draft, especially if we don't keep our top-5 pick.  Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Willie Cauley-Stein and Myles Turner will all likely be gone in the first 10-15 picks assuming they all enter the draft.  If we keep our pick, I like all of these guys and would have no issue not grabbing Okafor as the other 3 may be superior rim protectors.

Regardless of what we do in the draft, I like the kid playing for the Grizzlies backing up Marc Gasol.  Kosta Koufos is an unrestricted free agent and we should make him a priority to grab.  Combined with Ed Davis, who I'd like to re-sign, they would provide great rim protection and depth at center on cap friendly deals.  That will allow more cap flexibility to chase a point guard.

Spit-ball lineup:

PG  Dragic/Knight/Jackson (free agent) + Tyus Jones (Houston pick in draft) + Jordan Clarkson

SG  Kobe Bryant + Nick Young

SF  *Wes Johnson + (Jordan Hill trade)

PF  Julius Randle + Tarik Black + Ryan Kelly

C    Kosta Koufos + Ed Davis + Robert Sacre

****Top-5 pick of Unknown position

*Lots of talk of Jordan Hill being traded.  I'd like to see that to reduce payroll and gather an additional first round pick and/or small forward prospect

To me, the team above is far superior to what we are running out now, will make us WAY more competitive and fighting for a playoff berth AND will still have room for nearly TWO max contracts in 2016.  Nice young, athletic core for a top-tier free agent or two to join.

Another name FA they are rumored to go after this coming summer is Marc Gasol. He is one of the better post defenders around, rebounds well, has a solid inside presence offensively and passes the ball well. He only turns 30 later on this season.

Remember that Scott preaches defense, although Ed Davis somewhat fits that bill.

Gasol this summer and then the Durantua the following summer with Bryant's salary coming off the books?

When is Westbrook a FA? He is a local guy, although also a bit injury prone.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I like Gasol too, but he has played in Memphis his entire career and might be a difficult acquisition.  I wonder if he would view the Lakers as a lateral move or a step back since Memphis has been title worthy recently.  A lot depends on the draft in regards to Gasol IMO.  If we keep the pick and draft a young center, I could see the Lakers going with cheaper options at center.  If they draft a SF I could see the Gasol chase.

Extremely saddened to hear about Mitch Kupchak and his wife Claire's daughter, Alina, passing away this morning: http://t.co/csWGgTgDq3

— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/552232323769327617

' class="bbc_url">@

Extremely saddened to hear about Mitch Kupchak and his wife Claire's daughter, Alina, passing away this morning: http://t.co/csWGgTgDq3

— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/552232323769327617

On the game front, surprised to see them come so close against Portland without Bryant and without Johnson.

The Lakers showed some heart against a team that clearly was looking past us.  It's a good thing I don't see many Lakers games living in the Portland area now.  My acid reflux was kicking up watching them last night as a victory would've hurt the tank-process.

Unbelievably sad news for Mitch. He needs to take a break from basketball. No way anyone could expect him to work through this type of tragedy.

Maybe not for several months, but maybe a one month break would be helpful. Some have said that eventually throwing yourself into your work can help to get through the days.

But a one month break would allow he and his family to focus on the truly important things in tragic times like this.

It really puts things into perspective. I've been frustrated with the Lakers' all year, but in the scheme of things, who cares? A man and his wife just lost their 15 year old daughter. I don't care if its Mitch Kupchak or John Doe from Victorville...I'd imagine that losing your child is the most painstaking thing  a parent can go through. 

Like stated above, they say that sometimes going back to work ASAP can help you cope, and if that is the case for Mitch, then so be it. If he wants to take time off, let him. He's done one hell of a job as a GM, but this is just a child's game. However long Mitch needs to pick himself up, pick his wife up, and move forward, the Lakers' need to give to him. 

As for Jeremy Lin...I do not like him, never have, and I can't wait for his contract to be up at the end of the season.