• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

They are paying $24 million a season to one of their own, who also happens to be one of the top ten players of all time. Plus they wanted to be able to say they had him for twenty years, it would be the first time an NBA player played 20 years with one team I believe.

If the Angels need to pay a premium to have Trout play his final years in an Angel uniform I hope they do it.

They can also say they are one of the three worst teams in the league.  Last I checked the purpose of being a professional basketball team is to win.  Not to cheer the fact that they have an over the hill over paid former super star that they managed to keep for 20 years.

They can also say they are one of the three worst teams in the league.  Last I checked the purpose of being a professional basketball team is to win.  Not to cheer the fact that they have an over the hill over paid former super star that they managed to keep for 20 years.

This happens to every franchise and usually lasts a while longer than the Lakers will have to endure.  Kobe could've signed for $10 million per season and left some additional cap space, but who would've come for that money?  The Lakers are showing class, respect and loyalty to one of the leagues all-time greats.  That says a ton to future free-agents in my opinion.

Yep, lets see how you feel about that when Trout is reaching his golden years. If Trout continues to play at this level, then both he and Kobe will end up being top ten to play in their respective sports. Just curious, who is your favorite Laker of all time?

I seriously hope that the Angels would not extend Trout if he is past his prime and it hurts the team financially.

In baseball it works differently, without a cap, most of these players receive contracts that go way beyond their prime.

In basketball, smart business allows you to sign players for less or completely pass on them when they are past their prime.

Tank stalled tonight with a rare Lakers "W".  Kobe with the triple-double and his 6,000th career assist.  Pretty good for a guy everyone says doesn't pass.  Interesting that if he got roughly 600 assists over the next two seasons (approx. 4.3 avg. per game), he would sit inside the top-20 in assists all-time.

This team is one of the worst defensive teams that I've seen. 

Plus yesterday was yet another win towards the Suns stealing away that high 1st round pick in 2015.

Thank you for the memories Steve, just thank you, for nothing!

Sell that team, Jimmy Bob!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I wouldn't panic too much boys.  Take a look at the schedule over the next two months and my prediction.

New Orleans - L
Sacramento - W  May be without Cousins
@San Antonio - L
@Minnesota - W
@Indiana (Back 2 Back) - L
Oklahoma City - L
@Sacramento - L
Golden State - L
@Chicago - L
@Dallas - L
Phoenix - L
@Denver - L
JANUARY
Memphis - L
Indiana - W
@Portlannd - L
@Los Angeles Clippers - L
Orlando - W
Portland - L
Miami - L
Cleveland - L
@Utah (Back 2 back) - W ?
@Phoenix - L
@New Orleans - L
@San Antonio - L
Houston - L
Washington - L
Chicago - L
FEBRUARY

10-37 entering February is a realistic goal
.  The eastern teams will play each other alot over this period and the worst teams will earn W's (New York, Orlando, Boston, Charlotte, Detroit) and Minnesota (getting healthy) and Utah (overall talent) will win more often than us too.