• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

That's more like it.  The Lakers don't have to own the worst overall record to claim the #1 pick, and we don't need to own the #1 overall pick to get a stud player or even the player of our choice.  Philly already has drafted Nerlans Noel and Joel Embiid.  They don't need another center although that doesn't mean they wouldn't draft one if they thought he was the best available player and just trade from their strength.

Riiiight, Kobe doesn't care about winning. Jesus Nate get a clue. He refused to take less because he knows how much revenue he generates for the team and the league. Would I do what he did if I was silly rich like he is? Probably not, but it has nothing to do with whether he cares about winning or not. It is more ego driven than anything else. Your hate has you looking as bad as Toby looked in threads about his brother.

The front office didn't even ask Kobe if he was willing to take less. Why? Because they knew damn well no one was coming here for Kobe's final farewell. People are still going to Staples to watch because Kobe is an NBA legend.

Who was coming here Nate? Duncan? Parker? Nowitzki? Bosh? Melo? Howard?

No one was coming because they all could make more with the teams they re-signed with. I hope you are just as mad at every FA that stayed with their respective teams to sign for the most money possible. They were money hungry bitches that didn't care about winning also.

Edited by xboom28x

Amare Stoudamire ($23+ million) and Carmelo Anthony ($22+ million) are taking up nearly $46 million of New Yorks salary.  Carmelo could've taken less money and come to LA to team with Kobe and try to win a championship.  But he didn't.  He knew his team would be hamstrung by signing him to a max deal and went back anyway.  No discount. 

Joe Johnson ($22+ million) and Deron Williams (almost $20 million) take up right at $43 million.  They are getting max money.

LeBron, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul all make over $20 million.  All could be playing somewhere else (or where they currently play) for less money to leave room for quality player signings.  They are all getting max money.

Looking over the top-25 or so player salaries this season, I am left thinking Kobe is making what he has earned.  AND I might add that he has actually taken a fairly sizable pay-cut (roughly 25%) from what he could be making per the CBA...which is nowhere near max money.  He is also making only $500,000 more than he made in our last championship season, 2009-2010.  Why wasn't his salary as much an issue then?  As XBoom pointed out....nobody was coming, and if someone was willing to come the Lakers would've gone over the cap to fit them in.  Still nobody.

Amare Stoudamire ($23+ million) and Carmelo Anthony ($22+ million) are taking up nearly $46 million of New Yorks salary.  Carmelo could've taken less money and come to LA to team with Kobe and try to win a championship.  But he didn't.  He knew his team would be hamstrung by signing him to a max deal and went back anyway.  No discount. 

Joe Johnson ($22+ million) and Deron Williams (almost $20 million) take up right at $43 million.  They are getting max money.

And what do these have in common with the Lakers? They both suck and were unable to make any quality moves in the offseason

Joe Johnson signing for that amount was truly mindless.

Again, my only beef was giving Bryant 2 years instead of 1 year. There are no other obtainable individual accomplishments once he moved into 3rd on the career scoring list. This would have been the perfect farewell tour season, being age 36, before going off to Europe to finish up there.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The front office didn't even ask Kobe if he was willing to take less. Why? Because they knew damn well no one was coming here for Kobe's final farewell. People are still going to Staples to watch because Kobe is an NBA legend.

Who was coming here Nate? Duncan? Parker? Nowitzki? Bosh? Melo? Howard?

No one was coming because they all could make more with the teams they re-signed with. I hope you are just as mad at every FA that stayed with their respective teams to sign for the most money possible. They were money hungry bitches that didn't care about winning also.

Or because they knew Kobe wouldn't take less?  His recent comments tell you all you need to know.

And yes, the FO is as much to blame.  Buss Jr. has made some awful moves.  Kobe's deal is only one of them.

They are paying $24 million a season to one of their own, who also happens to be one of the top ten players of all time. Plus they wanted to be able to say they had him for twenty years, it would be the first time an NBA player played 20 years with one team I believe.

If the Angels need to pay a premium to have Trout play his final years in an Angel uniform I hope they do it.