• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I was planning on going to the game last night but was too burnt out from the weekend...thank goodness I didn't go!  What a pathetic effort by the Lakers.  At least I don't have to make the trek up to Staples to watch them play this year.  

anyone that gambles and didn't take Houston last night should 

probably find another hobby.

You act like if he took half that they would have signed big name free agents? They had room for a max contract and couldn't get anyone. I readily admit that Kobe's personality is part of the problem, but the real problem is the front office and that the league vetoed the trade.

You don't know what would have happened had he taken half. Plus you think if Melo came for max and they waived Nash and split his contract in 3 leaving them with 4 million to fill the rest of the lineup that would have been ideal? Would Melo wanted to come to a team that had 4 million left to spend and no coach?

so Wade @ 30 is aging, but Pau @ 29 wasn't?

ok.....

The only argument I would have is hasn't Wade had a ton of injuries in his career. Pau has had his fair share the last 2 seasons but Wade has been hurt more often? Wades 30 year old body could make him feel 35 after all the injuries. He's 32 now and what does he have left in the tank?

Even if Kobe took less the odds that the Lakers fielded a contender in his last few years would be very slim.  They would have needed Kobe, Nash and Pau to play like they did 3-5 years ago while someone like Dwight stuck around as option C or D.  They're rebuilding and it's going to be a long process after years of trading away picks, overpaying for veterans and not making much use of the picks they did have.  Their best bet after this season is that they get a top 5 pick which is protected as far as the whole Nash trade goes.  

I have been a Laker fan as long as I can remember but I find the fact that they are so awful to be somewhat interesting.  

Since the 1966-67 season for me, and this is uncharted territory for them in SoCal.   Before the previous season, they had never won fewer than 30 games in LA. 

Now, back-to-back seasons of that is seemingly almost a certainty.   Kobe Bryant is basically the Lakers now, a 36 year-old Kobe Bryant.

But there are a fair share of real bad teams, which makes securing a worst 5 NBA finish (thus protecting first round pick) more of a challenge than what it seems on the surface.

If only Jerry had left the running of the team to Jeannie, and not to Jimmy Bob. 

Pau looked dominant last night.

Pau is playing on a younger team that is much more talented all around than anything the Lakers will be able to field for a few years at the very least.  The Bulls won 48 games last year while being the top defensive team in the league as far as points allowed.  They accomplished this with Derrick Rose playing in only 10 games and having him back is huge.  I think Pau still has plenty in the tank but him leaving the Lakers was by far the best thing for him.  What he did last night the Lakers pretty much would have needed out of him over the course of a season for any chance at competing.  

Even if Kobe took less the odds that the Lakers fielded a contender in his last few years would be very slim.  They would have needed Kobe, Nash and Pau to play like they did 3-5 years ago while someone like Dwight stuck around as option C or D.  They're rebuilding and it's going to be a long process after years of trading away picks, overpaying for veterans and not making much use of the picks they did have.  Their best bet after this season is that they get a top 5 pick which is protected as far as the whole Nash trade goes.  

I disagree, If Kobe took less, it would have possible for both Lebron and Melo come here. If Pau stays, we have a contender. Of course this would mean everyone of the 4 to take paycuts to come to play on a storied franchise like the Lakers but I am pretty sure had the Lakers gotten Lebron, Melo would have taken a less money to play here and so would have Pau. 

I disagree, If Kobe took less, it would have possible for both Lebron and Melo come here. If Pau stays, we have a contender. Of course this would mean everyone of the 4 to take paycuts to come to play on a storied franchise like the Lakers but I am pretty sure had the Lakers gotten Lebron, Melo would have taken a less money to play here and so would have Pau. 

As Stradling said Lebron wasn't coming to LA.  Carmelo had the chance to go to Miami to form the big 4 and when his list of top choices came out Miami wasn't one of them.  If he wasn't going there to play with Bosh, Wade, Lebron (assuming he stayed) and that supporting cast what makes you think he would come to LA?  The only answer is a pipe dream which wasn't going to happen and you're blaming Kobe for it.  The Lakers are going to have to rebuild and weren't going to form a super team by signing guys below market value.    

As Stradling said Lebron wasn't coming to LA. Carmelo had the chance to go to Miami to form the big 4 and when his list of top choices came out Miami wasn't one of them. If he wasn't going there to play with Bosh, Wade, Lebron (assuming he stayed) and that supporting cast what makes you think he would come to LA? The only answer is a pipe dream which wasn't going to happen and you're blaming Kobe for it. The Lakers are going to have to rebuild and weren't going to form a super team by signing guys below market value.

You and Stradling don't know what would have happened if Lebron had an opportunity to team up with Kobe, Melo and Pau in LA. But he never got that opportunity because the Lakers didn't have the money. Lebron can say now that he had always wanted to go back home but unless he had the opportunity to come here and turned it down I don't believe him.

You and Stradling don't know what would have happened if Lebron had an opportunity to team up with Kobe, Melo and Pau in LA. But he never got that opportunity because the Lakers didn't have the money. Lebron can say now that he had always wanted to go back home but unless he had the opportunity to come here and turned it down I don't believe him.

But you do? Ok...