• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

just like we did with Paul George?

Who would the Lakers have left to trade for Kawhi right now if they did trade for Paul George last year? I imagine Ingram and their 2nd pick would have been in the deal. Would probably need more too.

Does it say anywhere who the Pacers wanted from the Lakers? Did the Pacers even want to trade George the Lakers?

I've read some reports that stated the Lakers should have traded for George but was it even a possibility? Who would they have left over to trade for Kawhi?

On 7/1/2018 at 12:38 AM, Lou said:

"you know she ate her pizza dancing to the beat"

they just don't write lyrics like that these days. 

coincidentally, @Tank wore the same outfit to the last AW event, and looked a million times better than everyone else there! You rock, buddy!

it's always important to complete the main idea of each sentence you write.

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

just like we did with Paul George?

As long as we don’t fleeced in the deal I’m fine with acquiring him via trade. The problem is SA is asking for way too much.

I just don’t think they’ll be reasonable in their asking price for him. Also, are we sure he’ll re-sign after the end of next season? 

4 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

As long as we don’t fleeced in the deal I’m fine with acquiring him via trade. The problem is SA is asking for way too much.

I just don’t think they’ll be reasonable in their asking price for him. Also, are we sure he’ll re-sign after the end of next season? 

They aren't being unreasonable. Leonard is a top 5 player in the league in a league where it matters. Hang on to one of Ball or Ingham. Everyone else should be on the table. Leonard is so much better than what everyone on this teams ceiling is that it's not funny. It's like if we were trading Mike Trout and Philly's fans clutching pearls about trading Rhys Hoskins and Scott Kingery. 

But they have no leverage. This so called top 5 player states he is leaving at the end of his contract regardless. The fact he states he only wants to play for one team means teams aren't going to pay up for a rental. So yes, they are being unreasonable. Take something less like the Paul George trade (which ironically may workout for Indy as Oladipo is a star in the making which he really wasn't in Orlando or OKC) instead of getting nothing next summer.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But they have no leverage. This so called top 5 player states he is leaving at the end of his contract regardless. The fact he states he only wants to play for one team means teams aren't going to pay up for a rental. So yes, they are being unreasonable. Take something less like the Paul George trade (which ironically may workout for Indy as Oladipo is a star in the making which he really wasn't in Orlando or OKC) instead of getting nothing next summer.

But the Lakers didn't get Paul George....

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What does that have to do with your post and my response regarding KL? You were commenting from the Spurs POV.

They have to trade him. They don't have to trade him to the Lakers. Other teams will feel emboldened to offer more now. PG seemed even more dead set on going to the Lakers than Leonard was and he stayed in OKC. Boston and Philly have the potential to offer better packages and are in a better position competitively than OKC was last year. They are also better markets. If PG is willing to spurn LA for OKC then KL could be willing to do it for Boston or Philly or any number of teams.

No one is emboldened to give up more, even OKC didn't give up much which was the issue many had with that trade. OKC grabbed Mello and they created a viable team and he gets to stay with his buddy from LA on the same team. His decision to stay doesn't predicate others to stay, too. They are each independent decisions.

If you are BOS or PHI and want to trade two players and three #1's because you are sure KL will stay because George did, you're not that bright.

And no, PHI and BOS are not better markets than LA.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No one is emboldened to give up more, even OKC didn't give up much which was the issue many had with that trade. OKC grabbed Mello and they created a viable team and he gets to stay with his buddy from LA on the same team. His decision to stay doesn't predicate others to stay, too. They are each independent decisions.

If you are BOS or PHI and want to trade two players and three #1's because you are sure KL will stay because George did, you're not that bright.

And no, PHI and BOS are not better markets than LA.

Better markets than OKC. And I don't think they are independent decisions. It shows how hard it is to pass up the difference in money, or to leave the guys you've been trying to win with. It shows that a lot can happen in a year to change someone's mind about where they want to play. 

If what's being reported is to be believed right now the difference between KL and PG is that KL is threatening to sit out and is trying to force his way to the Lakers.  Last year PG wanted to go to LA but I don't recall him threatening to sit out he just told the Pacers he was gone as a FA so they could get something via trade.  Given how the KL/San Antonio relationship soured San Antonio doesn't have a whole lot of leverage and they're in an unfamiliar position where their star player is unhappy, wants out and everyone knows it.  Their best hope for an overpay was from the Lakers if Lebron wanted to see another star brought in before he would sign.  Boston says they aren't trading Tatum or Brown and Philly's supposed offer includes a pair of young guys who are nice adds but they aren't guys you build a franchise around.  Boston has 3 first round picks from Sacramento, the Clippers and Memphis in 2019 but they're protected picks depending on where they fall and without Tatum/Brown it's an unknown return.

2 hours ago, eaterfan said:

They aren't being unreasonable. Leonard is a top 5 player in the league in a league where it matters. Hang on to one of Ball or Ingham. Everyone else should be on the table. Leonard is so much better than what everyone on this teams ceiling is that it's not funny. It's like if we were trading Mike Trout and Philly's fans clutching pearls about trading Rhys Hoskins and Scott Kingery. 

I’m as high on Leonard as anyone but his health definitely is a concern. Like I said as long as it’s within reason I’d like to see him here as soon as possible, but I just don’t see SA working with us. I hope I’m wrong. 

38 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

They have to trade him. They don't have to trade him to the Lakers. Other teams will feel emboldened to offer more now. PG seemed even more dead set on going to the Lakers than Leonard was and he stayed in OKC. Boston and Philly have the potential to offer better packages and are in a better position competitively than OKC was last year. They are also better markets. If PG is willing to spurn LA for OKC then KL could be willing to do it for Boston or Philly or any number of teams.

If you’re Boston or Philly how gunshy would you be to make a deal for Kawhi and give up all that only to see him walk and sign with the Lakers after next season. He’s made it very clear LA is where he wants to be. He could pull a Paul George and stay but if I’m Philly or Boston, I wouldn’t gamble giving all that away. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

I’m as high on Leonard as anyone but his health definitely is a concern. Like I said as long as it’s within reason I’d like to see him here as soon as possible, but I just don’t see SA working with us. I hope I’m wrong. 

If you’re Boston or Philly how gunshy would you be to make a deal for Kawhi and give up all that only to see him walk and sign with the Lakers after next season. He’s made it very clear LA is where he wants to be. He could pull a Paul George and stay but if I’m Philly or Boston, I wouldn’t gamble giving all that away. 

I've seen it mentioned that some executives around the league are concerned and that's gotta hurt his value.  It's interesting to me only because I don't recall seeing a quad injury have this big of an impact on a basketball player in recent years but maybe I just haven't paid enough attention.  

3 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

I'm less worried about his health. Bill Simmons said that around the league it was talked about that KL shopped around for 6-7 doctors until he finally got one to say he couldn't play. 

I wouldn't give up everything if I'm Boston or Philly, but I'd give up Brown and one or two #1 picks for a year of KL and recruiting him, and the ability to pay him more than anyone else. If I'm Philly I'd give up Fultz and anyone not Embid or Simmons. 

Alright so we got the biggest raging douche on the planet for the next 3+ years. I will support the team, but I will still always hate Lebron. But this signing also makes us relevant again, so it is what it is.. 

If the Lakers lose though, it will be a lot easier for me to stomach knowing that Lebron will also lose..

But go Lakers and still F*ck Lebron.

They've got Bron for 3+1 now.  Lonzo, Hart and Kuzma for 3.  Ingram for at least 2.  

Leonard played 9 games last year and has only a year guaranteed on his contract.  I'm sure he's fine, but why give up future talent for him?  

I would grab Capela over Cousins personally.  

They've got a bunch of young shooters for Bron to dish.  Get the defense in the middle.  Then grab Kawhi next year if he's there and healthy.   That team would be unreal on the defensive side.  

SA has no leverage though if Leonard does what he says he's going to do.  But I view that as very doubtful and a total bluff considering that he's already missed a full year and people are questioning his health.  Fine by me.  If the Lakers can grab him for a song or let him sit out and weaken their competition which ultimately decreases his value on the FA market next year then great.  

LOL, some people already have Kawhi on the team.  It's not a sure thing.  The whole situation is messed up for both parties.  It's tough to trade a talent like Kawhi even if he is forcing his way out.  You'd need 100% assurance he would resign with the Lakers if you do indeed trade 2 out of the 3 young guys rumored.  I'm with most people that think SA doesn't have a lot of power in the situation but Popovich really hates the Lakers so maybe they do indeed not trade him there and just get whatever some other team offers instead.  Kawhi is under contract so they would just let some other team deal with him if in fact they trade him.  This isn't a top 20 player we are referring to here.  Top 5 for sure and arguably top 3 so it's tough to trade that.

28 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Alright so we got the biggest raging douche on the planet for the next 3+ years. I will support the team, but I will still always hate Lebron. But this signing also makes us relevant again, so it is what it is.. 

If the Lakers lose though, it will be a lot easier for me to stomach knowing that Lebron will also lose..

But go Lakers and still F*ck Lebron.

I'm in the opposite boat.  I thought I could root for the lakers as a lebron apologist, but the more time I have to think about it, I don't think i'll be able to do it once it starts for real

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I'm in the opposite boat.  I thought I could root for the lakers as a lebron apologist, but the more time I have to think about it, I don't think i'll be able to do it once it starts for real

LOL it's really funny because the Lebron nut huggers also hate the Lakers with a passion, so their Lakers hate overrides their Lebron love. It's pretty comical.

37 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

They've got Bron for 3+1 now.  Lonzo, Hart and Kuzma for 3.  Ingram for at least 2.  

Leonard played 9 games last year and has only a year guaranteed on his contract.  I'm sure he's fine, but why give up future talent for him?  

I would grab Capela over Cousins personally.  

They've got a bunch of young shooters for Bron to dish.  Get the defense in the middle.  Then grab Kawhi next year if he's there and healthy.   That team would be unreal on the defensive side.  

SA has no leverage though if Leonard does what he says he's going to do.  But I view that as very doubtful and a total bluff considering that he's already missed a full year and people are questioning his health.  Fine by me.  If the Lakers can grab him for a song or let him sit out and weaken their competition which ultimately decreases his value on the FA market next year then great.  

Wish I could like this one multiple times.

Capela blossomed this season, and could be a defensive/rebounding beast in the middle.   They have had discussions with Capela.    Capela, Kuz, LBJ, Ingram, and Ball with Hart as 6th man; and KCP, Stephenson, McGee, and Zubac/Wagner on the bench could be very intriguing. 

Boogie has had off the court issues.    Could even LBJ help to quell those? 

Maybe it is a gamble to wait, but it's also a huge gamble to trade a ton of talent for a potential rental in KL.   I still have uneasy feelings, thanks to InjuryGate.

My first reaction toward signing LBJ was to be a little bummed.  I was hoping the Lakes could continue to build their young core and win organically.  But at the end of the day, if you've got a chance to add the best player in the game and arguably one of the best players ever, why not?  I just hope they don't get foolish and trade the young guys away.  I actually like that PG and others went elsewhere.  Get the one piece in Lebron and let the young guys be the complement.  

It's actually how I feel about the Halos and Trout right now.  Let the young bucks play.