• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

PG13 opts out of final deal with Thunder 

woj said this morning on ESPN that OKC and the Lakers are “neck and neck” for PG

he also said if the lakers end up with all 3 of KL,LAbron, PG that the lakers roster will be depleted due to the cap and a trade with SA. It will look like the Heat roster with the big 3. 3 superstars, an exception deal, and a bunch of vets on minimum salary. 

I don’t like depleting all our assets for KL. 

11 minutes ago, nando714 said:

do you trade away every young asset for a 3 year window of trying to defeat Golden State ?

I wouldn't. But it's not just a trade for Leonard. It increases the chances at Lebron and PG. But if the Lakers have Leonard and PG the window extends past Lebron.

32 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Go after George/Lebron this year and keep the young core.  If Leonard wants to play in LA he can come as a FA next year or he can tell SA he won't sign an extension anywhere besides LA (don't think that declaration has been made yet) which reduces the price.  

This and if they want to trade him to the Lakers the cost should be no more than one of the three young guys and picks.  

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

I wouldn't. But it's not just a trade for Leonard. It increases the chances at Lebron and PG. But if the Lakers have Leonard and PG the window extends past Lebron.

Exactly.

lakers FO needs to hold strong. As much as they want KL they don’t have to give up multiple young guys plus picks. 

Now way Boston offers, Tatum, Brown, or Rozier. Especially with Kyrie Irving contract set to expire. They also already have 2 max contracts with Horford and Hayward I believe. 

So offer one of the three and the draft rights to any or all of the guys they drafted this year and then two number ones.  But trading Kuzma and Ingram, just to get him a year earlier, even if it does increase the chances for LeBron, nah, I wouldn’t do that.  If I were to trade Two of them or all three of them it would be for Anthony Davis.  

I know I keep beating this point to death, but who the hell is going to play the front court.  I know this isn’t a center driven league, but man we may not have Randle either.  So whether or not we get Leonard seems less important than whether or not we get a guy who can secure a board.  

PG- Ball

SG- Leonard

SF- Lebron

PF- George (I guess)

C-that Wagner dude?  

I have to be missing someone.  

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

I know I keep beating this point to death, but who the hell is going to play the front court.  I know this isn’t a center driven league, but man we may not have Randle either.  So whether or not we get Leonard seems less important than whether or not we get a guy who can secure a board.  

PG- Ball

SG- Leonard

SF- Lebron

PF- George (I guess)

C-that Wagner dude?  

I have to be missing someone.  

Zubac.

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

Zubac.

Zubac, guy drafted and another guy who is about 6'9 or taller and can play 5-10 minutes a game.  The Warriors won it with McGee and Bell playing C.  The C position today in the NBA is nothing like it was back during the days of Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Olajuwan, etc.  The top 2 centers just drafted took one 3 pointer (Ayton) and almost two (Bamba) a game in college last season.  Modern big men need to be able to score from more than just in the paint.  When you're defending a guy like that you need athletic defenders and not the old style C who spent 90% of their time in the paint and the other 10% running from one end of the court to the other.    

30 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Wouldn't you think trading for Leonard would then increase the chances for PG, too?

so in your scenario, the Lakers have to trade for Leonard first. what happens if you do that and PG and LeBron sign elsewhere? how does your team stack up in 2019?

i contend that signing PG first ensures LeBron's signing. even if I'm wrong, you still have PG, a good group of youngsters and your draft picks. your way, you have Leonard and traded away players and picks.

anyway, as I initially stated, I'm sure this will all be worked out behind the scenes before anything is done. 

What Lou said.  If you gut the young core for Leonard then miss out on George/Lebron you've got Kawhi, a weak core/bench and you have to sign some guys for this year or pay the penalty when the team salary doesn't meet the league minimum.  I'd much rather go the FA route unless Leonard is cheap because I like the chances of getting George/Lebron to pair with Ingram/Kuzma/Ball/Randal.