• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Even if he doesn't end up on the Lakers I'd be surprised to see him stay in Cleveland because he looked pretty frustrated during the finals and as of now Cleveland has Love, Hill, Thompson and JR Smith making 75M next year.  They can trade some of those pieces but what are they really going to get in return that's going to put them anywhere near Golden State or even Houston?  The biggest thing Cleveland has going for them is that they're in the eastern conference but next year Boston has Irving and Hayward back while Philadelphia could continue to improve and add pieces to Simmons/Embiid.  As far as current rosters go Lebron could go to Philly or Houston and have a much better shot than he would with Cleveland.  Like Lou said Lebron is already on the phone working on his master plan but if he committed to the Lakers before another big name FA someone else would be coming right behind him either via FA or trade.  

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Even if he doesn't end up on the Lakers I'd be surprised to see him stay in Cleveland because he looked pretty frustrated during the finals and as of now Cleveland has Love, Hill, Thompson and JR Smith making 75M next year.  They can trade some of those pieces but what are they really going to get in return that's going to put them anywhere near Golden State or even Houston?  The biggest thing Cleveland has going for them is that they're in the eastern conference but next year Boston has Irving and Hayward back while Philadelphia could continue to improve and add pieces to Simmons/Embiid.  As far as current rosters go Lebron could go to Philly or Houston and have a much better shot than he would with Cleveland.  Like Lou said Lebron is already on the phone working on his master plan but if he committed to the Lakers before another big name FA someone else would be coming right behind him either via FA or trade.  

If they add KL in Cleveland , Lebron stays for a season

and then they add a guy like Dandre Jordan / Cousins for a 1 year max 

What are they trading that's going to land them Leonard?  I realize they drafted a young PG but aside from that they don't have a lot of young talent teams covet nor do they generally have high draft picks teams value.  San Antonio is one of the best run franchises and if they move Leonard they can get better value from other teams.  Deandre Jordan is a trade candidate if he opts in so they would acquire him via trade which assumes the Clippers want what Cleveland can offer in trade.  Unless I'm mistaken Cousins is a FA so unless he does a sign and trade I don't think he can end up in Cleveland given that they're set to be over the cap next year if Lebron is still there.  It's not impossible but there's a lot of dominoes that would have to fall and Lebron has until Friday to decide whether he ops out.  If he ops out that doesn't mean he's done in Cleveland but I can't imagine he's going to sit around and wait to see if Cleveland can make multiple big deals happen especially when San Antonio isn't in a hurry to unload Leonard.  San Antonio can maximize what they get for Leonard by seeing how the off season plays out because whoever doesn't get their FA or trade candidate will become more desperate while other teams improve.  

16 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

What are they trading that's going to land them Leonard?  I realize they drafted a young PG but aside from that they don't have a lot of young talent teams covet nor do they generally have high draft picks teams value.  San Antonio is one of the best run franchises and if they move Leonard they can get better value from other teams.  Deandre Jordan is a trade candidate if he opts in so they would acquire him via trade which assumes the Clippers want what Cleveland can offer in trade.  Unless I'm mistaken Cousins is a FA so unless he does a sign and trade I don't think he can end up in Cleveland given that they're set to be over the cap next year if Lebron is still there.  It's not impossible but there's a lot of dominoes that would have to fall and Lebron has until Friday to decide whether he ops out.  If he ops out that doesn't mean he's done in Cleveland but I can't imagine he's going to sit around and wait to see if Cleveland can make multiple big deals happen especially when San Antonio isn't in a hurry to unload Leonard.  San Antonio can maximize what they get for Leonard by seeing how the off season plays out because whoever doesn't get their FA or trade candidate will become more desperate while other teams improve.  

San Antonio is using LA as trade leverage with other teams to ante up their offers imo

all of a sudden it was reported today the lakers are “pushing” for KL. 

SA is realizing they can’t get what they can get from LA bc KL isn’t resigning with Boston, Cleveland , Clippers, 6ers  if he’s traded there. Those franchises aren’t gonna trade the house for a 1 year rental 

they simply don’t want him in P&G and are using them as leverage 

the lakers don’t have to make any trade for KL if the price is crazy. Keep your assets and go after him next year. 

Take it for what it's worth: James is hesitant to be first star to join Lakers

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-free-agency-rumor-potential-top-free-agent-hesitant-to-be-first-nba-star-to-join-lakers/

If it is true I hope the Lakers don't panic and do something like trade multiple young pieces for Leonard.  

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You said:

"If they add KL in Cleveland , Lebron stays for a season."

None of what I posted was in regards to KL and the Lakers.  

I was just stating that the lakers can offer more than any other team bc Leonard isn’t guaranteed to sign with any other team it seems like, besides LA

13 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I really want them to just sign LeBron and George and resign Randall.  Keep the kids and wait until next year for Leonard.  

In order to do that we have to somehow move Deng as of now they can sign two max contracts

If you get lebron, isn't the point to surround him with the best possible talent right away?  

If you have Lebron, PG, and the youngsters, do you beat the warriors this year? Probably not (granted he did just take a bunch of bums to the finals so who knows)

If you have Lebron, PG, and Kawhi, do you beat the warriors this year? Probably not, but more likely.  

I don't think you can waste any lebron years, if the end goal is to win a championship with him in his prime. 

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

If you get lebron, isn't the point to surround him with the best possible talent right away?  

If you have Lebron, PG, and the youngsters, do you beat the warriors this year? Probably not (granted he did just take a bunch of bums to the finals so who knows)

If you have Lebron, PG, and Kawhi, do you beat the warriors this year? Probably not, but more likely.  

I don't think you can waste any lebron years, if the end goal is to win a championship with him in his prime. 

Yea, but the depth you would have if you have all of those guys rather than much less of a bench when you have to include two or them. 

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yea, but the depth you would have if you have all of those guys rather than much less of a bench when you have to include two or them. 

Worst case scenario, who goes in the trade for KL?  Ingram, Kuzma, (maybe deng) and a pick?

Not sure who else is on the lakers roster but you're essentially replacing Ingram for Lebron and losing Kuzma

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Worst case scenario, who goes in the trade for KL?  Ingram, Kuzma, (maybe deng) and a pick?

Not sure who else is on the lakers roster but you're essentially replacing Ingram for Lebron and losing Kuzma

No Kuzma for me

BI, Randle, pick

He’s a free agent next summer. No need to overpay here