• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

3 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I like the deal, but want to see what the next move is.

Russell should have never been drafted at two and we all know he has locker room issues.  Maybe they come package their two late rounds for a top 15 pick.

I think everyone outside of KAT and maybe Porzingis and Russell have been pretty underwhelming. Russell's floor was about league average and he's only 21. We'll eventually find out what was the final straw for D'angelo, but clearly the fans were expecting something like the 2nd coming of westrbook and harden.

I'm not that sold on Lebron.  He would be 34 years old but even older in basketball years like Kobe was.  Lakers now have 3 first round picks in this years draft.  I hate having to part with Russell but it was necessary I guess in order to get rid of Mozgov.  Reports are that the Lakers were not happy with Russell and plenty of rumors that this is a precursor to PG-13 coming here by the end of the week.  I'm in a wait and see mood right now.

Assuming the Lakers go Ball or even Fox with the 2 pick Russell's value with them was going to take a major hit.  Getting rid of Mozgov is huge because it clears cap space in the coming years and he was the epitome of a 7 foot European who got a ridiculous contract because of his size.  I'm not holding my breath for Lebron but they have a real shot at getting George who even if he comes as a FA next year will only be 28 which means he should have some good years left.  Maybe they use the acquired pick or the 28th pick to try and get George now and I'd be fine with that as they can start to right the ship with a legit talented veteran and a lot of young talent.        

D'Angelo Russel IMO wasn't going to be an elite PG talent.  He's not an efficient scorer and his assist total and vision is sorely lacking to be a true point guard.  He's not that great of a 3 point shooter, and his defense is above average but nothing special.  So unless he improves drastically which is a realistic possibility as the 3rd season for most players is where it starts to really "click," I don't think the Lakers will regret trading him away.  Obviously, the Mozgof contract was a disaster from the start and it would take a very attractive piece to attach with to get rid of in a salary dump.  The Lakers get a bonafide starting center in Brook Lopez, but he's the poorest rebounding center I've ever seen in my life.  He scores at a pretty good clip and has a 20 PER rating with a 2.0 VORP.  The key thing is, he has only 1 more year left in his deal instead of the 3 in the Mozgof contract.  For a rebuilding team like the Lakers, cap space is very important, especially if you believe that PG13 is signing with the Lakers during next summer.

If I was the Lakers' GM, I would NOT trade for PG13 and stay the course and develop the younger players of the roster and wait to sign him during next year's free agent signing period.  I would also keep Randle as he has shown a lot of improvement during this past season, especially in the scoring department and continues to be a man-beast on the boards when he's engaged.  However, he has to show consistency to become an All-Star caliber player.

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

I think everyone outside of KAT and maybe Porzingis and Russell have been pretty underwhelming. Russell's floor was about league average and he's only 21. We'll eventually find out what was the final straw for D'angelo, but clearly the fans were expecting something like the 2nd coming of westrbook and harden.

I still remember hoping that Minnesota would somehow take Okafor at 1 allowing the Lakers to take KAT.  I was a fan of Okafor until his defense was getting torn apart and he was considered too one dimensional even though his offense was strong.  I didn't hate the Russell pick but I was never huge on it either that said it's not like it was a bad pick at the time or something out of left field.  Ultimately as Laker fans obviously we've been spoiled and the expectations we have are of a competitive franchise not a "rebuild" that had them averaging 23 wins a year the last 4 seasons.  Kobe's final year was what it was but I think the expectations were the team and some of the young talent would show a bit more this year.

11 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yesterday the Lakers were talking to other lottery teams as they want to acquire another first round pick.  Rumor is they're offering Russell which makes sense because that's one of the few pieces they have that may be worth a lottery pick this year since they don't have a first rounder next year to trade.   Maybe there's another player they want in the draft but it makes me think any pick acquired could be used in a package for George.  I'd rather they just sign him as a FA next year but given what he told Indiana who now has little leverage maybe the Lakers would rather acquire him and have exclusive rights to extend him.  There was a rumor the Clippers are interested in George but they have no picks and on sportsline they said a deal for him would likely have to include a sign and trade with one of their big FA's - Paul, Griffin or Redick.  If you're any one of those guys with Redick being their preferred piece I can't imagine he's interested in ending up in Indiana in that situation.  

Halo - where are Deng and Mozgov if your lineup or where they traded in another post?   

11 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Shows you their impact on me.  I forgot about them.  Ha!  Those guys don't see the floor if the team above is assembled, which is sad considering their contracts.

And there is no circumstance where Russell gets traded.  At least not one that would make me happy.

Ha!  Pretty much right on.  Not sure what the big hot-ass hurry the front office had to be in to offload Mozgov.  For a minute early on, the Woj report had us getting Caris LeVert from the Nets.  I would have been significantly happier had that been the case, but it isn't.  Now Indiana will try to play hardball.  Not very happy with this deal.  And it makes me want out of the #2 for multiple firsts even more now.

i like it for the rebuild.

everyone knew the mozgov signing was garbage. people need to take their glasses off, russell isn't that good.....dude can't shoot or play defense. lopez comes off the books.

not sure the rotation of george, ingram, and randle if george comes here.

word on the street is indiana has more leverage than people think because they know they have to unload him which has created a bidding war for teams on the cusp of hitting the next level. i don't mind getting george now, but hope to god we don't overpay....like someone's proposed trade above.

but the cap space is key because 2018 is pretty loaded in the fa market:

paul george, chris paul, cousins, hayward, isaiah thomas, wiggins, embiid......plus good role players and the ones that probably won't move in durant, james, and westbrook.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

lost in the madness, holy shit Dwight got dealt again.

Not lost in the madness it's just that most don't care when a turd gets traded.  Overrated, me first attitude and his only hope for a title rested on him being paired with at least one other player who was option A on the team.  

Dwight being dealt constantly just highlights what a POS diva he is.

I really doubt that Lebron is coming to the Lakers...  If the Cavs lose again in 2018 I can see him leaving but to the Lakers?  I doubt the Lakers will have a better team than the Cavs could with him, and they would be in the same division as the Warriors.

I wouldn't complain if he did come though...

At least Jimmy and Mitch aren't running the team anymore.