• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

16 hours ago, tennischmp said:

I wonder if the Lakers did trade down to lets say #5, anyone in the top 4 would take Ball knowing that he only wants to play in LA and considering they didn't get to work him out. 

This seems like such a weird year.  I don't know if I've ever heard so much love for so many different players at the top of the draft.  Apparently, Lonzo Ball came into the Lakers workout and wasn't in top shape.  That may alter their view of him.  They may love him enough to stay at #2 and just draft him, or they may have in a tier of players they like equally and consider trading down a few spots and grab someone else they love equally while gathering some other asset.  So interesting!

I assume you're joking because it makes sense when you're a Laker fan playing around on realgm's trade tracker but not when your OKC who won 47 games last year and made the playoffs.  No they aren't in the same tier as GS or even SA/Houston but they're a lot closer to that than the Lakers are.  If the shoe were on the other foot and the Lakers had Westbrook no one in their right mind would want them to ship him off for that package.

Continuing to hope Ball isn't the pick.. 

On 6/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, hangin n wangin said:

It's really not that hard. This is what you do.

Draft Jackson. Trade Russel, Clarkson, Randle, Deng, and Mosgov for Russell Westbrook. 

Sign PG and Cousins in 2018.

Westbrook, PG, Ingram, Jackson, Cousins.

BING BANG BOOM. 

Give me the fucking GM job already.

definitely the perfect team to get swept by the warriors in the first round.

Be interesting to see what goes down with Paul George in the next 7-10 days.  I think the Pacers trade him and they have ZERO leverage.  I wonder if Clarkson and #28 would get it done to get him here now.  Might be interesting to trade the #2 to Sac for the #5/#10 and come out of this draft with Dennis Smith Jr., Zach Collins and George.  Maybe by a second rounder to grab Jordan Bell from Oregon.

Guards:  Smith Jr., DLo, Nwaba, Ennis, Young

Forwards:  George, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Bell

Centers:  Zubac, Collins, Black

I'd be extremely happy with this team plus we'd have room to add another vet in free agency if we choose to.

Yesterday the Lakers were talking to other lottery teams as they want to acquire another first round pick.  Rumor is they're offering Russell which makes sense because that's one of the few pieces they have that may be worth a lottery pick this year since they don't have a first rounder next year to trade.   Maybe there's another player they want in the draft but it makes me think any pick acquired could be used in a package for George.  I'd rather they just sign him as a FA next year but given what he told Indiana who now has little leverage maybe the Lakers would rather acquire him and have exclusive rights to extend him.  There was a rumor the Clippers are interested in George but they have no picks and on sportsline they said a deal for him would likely have to include a sign and trade with one of their big FA's - Paul, Griffin or Redick.  If you're any one of those guys with Redick being their preferred piece I can't imagine he's interested in ending up in Indiana in that situation.  

Halo - where are Deng and Mozgov if your lineup or where they traded in another post?   

41 minutes ago, Richard said:

Here we go.. 

Strap yourselves in.

Dumb dumb dumb. Why give anything away for George when he says he wants to come here next year? If you can't trust him saying that, how can you trust he will sign long term next summer after trading for him. He will be a FA no matter what team he is on next summer.