• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

i don't trust white nab players and i don't trust nab players with devastating knee injuries.

i'd rather grab george when he's free, or the lakers are going to have leverage because the pacers know george is leaving....grab what you can for him.

Yea I don't get the calls to trade for PG. I even heard trading current #2. Why? It's not like him and whoever isn't traded will suddenly be good enough to challenge for the chip. Just get all you can out of the top picks and pick PG up in free agency. Not like the Pacers going to get good enough for him to want to stay. 

4 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Paul George and Gordon Heyward are both left off the All-NBA team. That means their current teams call only offer them a little more money than the Lakers instead of a ton more money.

not true for george. he becomes a fa next summer. if he gets all-nba team next season the same clause kicks in.

hard to turn down being the highest paid player in sports. something like 200m over 5 yrs.

On 5/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Bell was a boarding monster in the NCAAT.   But can Russell handle the 2 spot?   Wouldn't Russell/Ball be a little slower backcourt than the average one in the NBA?

Didnt the move Russell to the 2 guard near the end of the season?

His coach at UCLA, Steve Alford, swears by him. "A lot of one-and-dones have an entitlement to them," Alford says. "At some point, they don't want to work or practice. But Lonzo was the opposite. He did everything and then some of what we wanted and expected out of him. His character is amazing. He's a tremendous teammate. I sure wish I had more than seven months with him."

Alford swats away a question about whether LaVar could hurt Lonzo's NBA future, saying simply, "Dads don't get to play."

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19367606/how-lonzo-ball-father-lavar-ball-captured-our-attention

Would you trade the #2 pick? 

Trade it to Sacramento for their #5 and #10?  In this scenario, we might be able to come away with one of Tatum, Fox, Monk or Dennis Smith depending on who you like more AND someone like Markennen or Zach Collins out of Gonzaga.

Trade it along with Clarkson to Philly for their #3 and our 1st for next years draft.  We come away with Josh Smith and don't have to worry about not having a pick in a potentially great early part of next years round 1.

Trade it for Jimmy Butler?

Trade it for Paul George?

Trade it along with Luol Deng (they eat his salary) to Orlando for their #6 and #25.  They get Ball, we get someone from the bolded group above and combine the #25 and #28 to move down a few spots into the low 20's (with the Nets?) and grab someone like Isaiah Hartenstein .

Just some different ideas I've seen.  Not that any of them are legitimate deals that have been offered, just a collection that I've thrown out to see if you'd rather just keep the #2 or take advantage of moving to offload bad contracts, pickup veteran help, etc.  And I targeted the topic at you specifically, Brandon, so I'm excited that you replied.

5 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Would you trade the #2 pick? 

Trade it to Sacramento for their #5 and #10?  In this scenario, we might be able to come away with one of Tatum, Fox, Monk or Dennis Smith depending on who you like more AND someone like Markennen or Zach Collins out of Gonzaga.

Trade it along with Clarkson to Philly for their #3 and our 1st for next years draft.  We come away with Josh Smith and don't have to worry about not having a pick in a potentially great early part of next years round 1.

Trade it for Jimmy Butler?

Trade it for Paul George?

Trade it along with Luol Deng (they eat his salary) to Orlando for their #6 and #25.  They get Ball, we get someone from the bolded group above and combine the #25 and #28 to move down a few spots into the low 20's (with the Nets?) and grab someone like Isaiah Hartenstein .

Scenario # :

1. Might be ok.

2. Did u mean Philly and THEIR #1 pick? If not, hell no.

3. No

4. FA after one year, so no.

5. No. #25 is too low. 

Lou, in the Philadelphia scenario we would give up the #2 overall pick (assuming that they would be enamored with L. Ball) + Clarkson and we would move down 1 position to #3 overall in the first round (I'll presume they select Josh Jackson for this argument) and be returned the rights to our own first round pick for next years draft.  Next years draft is not expected to be quite as deep as this years, but could be better at the top.

Involving Clarkson frees up extra cap space as well.  That may be critical if we are able to sign Paul George in 2018.  Gaining the cap space may make or break our ability to acquire a second all-star via free agency or trade that year.

13 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Lou, in the Philadelphia scenario we would give up the #2 overall pick (assuming that they would be enamored with L. Ball) + Clarkson and we would move down 1 position to #3 overall in the first round (I'll presume they select Josh Jackson for this argument) and be returned the rights to our own first round pick for next years draft.  Next years draft is not expected to be quite as deep as this years, but could be better at the top.

Involving Clarkson frees up extra cap space as well.  That may be critical if we are able to sign Paul George in 2018.  Gaining the cap space may make or break our ability to acquire a second all-star via free agency or trade that year.

Ah, ok..i get it now. I don't think there is any way they give up a #1 (and take Clarkson and his contract) to move up one spot. That would be crazy. 

Even though I agree that it is highly unlikely/crazy, I have witnessed when teams get fixated on a player odd things can happen.  Not saying this is one of those times but....

I guess I would stay open-minded to trading the pick IF it could help the team add players that we have equal grades on while adding additional talent or shedding bad contracts/freeing cap space for 2018.

By the way, did anyone else hear the rumor that the Lakers were instructed to not give away assets to acquire George this summer or at the trade deadline?  Not sure if that was by George's camp or what. 

12 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

If I were Magic, I'd offer the pick to the Knicks for Porzingis first, something along the lines of Lakers 2 and 28 picks for Porzingis and the Knicks number 8 pick, failing that, I'd offer it to Utah for Hayward and their first rounder this year. 

Can't see the Knicks doing that, moving up just 6 picks and gaining a late 1st round pick and trading Porzingis.