• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

14 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I don't want Lonzo Ball anymore just because I'm sick of his dad, the media whore.  Let that be someone else's problem.

Same. If he was a baseball prospect he would drop a couple of rounds over something like that. You won't excel in the league without hard work, and handwork is something I might question from a kid that is constantly told he's better than Steph Curry, and who already has his own shoe priced at $500 a pair. All he's done is choke in the one big game he's played in, had his dad blame it on his white teammates. He might not know that being a superstar is something that must be earned.

I would imagine we would have to give up the top-3 pick along with someone like Randle or Clarkson to get the Knicks attention, and to beat other offers.  I'd be in on that.  An immediate lineup of Josh Hart (potentially picked at #28), Russell, Ingram, Porzingis, Randle with Ennis, N. Young, Deng, Nance, Black potentially coming off the bench is solid.  Adding Paul George in 2018 would net a starting lineup of Russell, George, Ingram, Porzingis, Randle/Zubac.  I like it.

I agree with you, Monkey, to a point.  I don't think a team with some veteran leadership would consider the sideshow if they thought Ball was the BPA.  But a team like the Lakers, with all of their youth, might not want the finger pointing and media stuff that Lavar Ball brings.  Could be corrosive to a good lockerroom.  The interview and workout process will determine all that, though, and if the Lakers front office feels like they can handle it, I'd support it.  Maybe this is Lavar Balls way of orchestrating his sons surety of being taken by the Lakers?

I still don't like how Ball played against Kentucky on the Sweet Sixteen stage, granted he is a freshman. 

If NY wants to bite on a Porzingis for top 3 draft pick plus Nance Jr. or Clarkson trade, I would seriously consider it.   Then sign George a year from now.

Sounds like Rob and Magic have the right mindset. 

In an appearance on ESPN2’s NBA Draft Combine coverage, he answered questions about how he’ll be looking to improve the Lakers this summer. The conversation turned to the roughly $23 million in cap space at the Lakers’ disposal and Magic didn’t mince words.

“We can sign a free agent if we want to, but I’m really looking to keep the cap space that we have and really try to play in next year’s free agent class, and not really this free agent class,” Johnson said.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:40 AM, Angel Oracle said:

I still don't like how Ball played against Kentucky on the Sweet Sixteen stage, granted he is a freshman. 

If NY wants to bite on a Porzingis for top 3 draft pick plus Nance Jr. or Clarkson trade, I would seriously consider it.   Then sign George a year from now.

his mom had a stroke in february. basketball was probably the furthest thing on his mind.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Huge day today. Hoping for the best.

If they fall out of the top 3, they lose their first rounder next year to Orlando as well.

Actually, it's not that bad.  Here's what happens per RealGM:

If we lose this first rounder to Philly, we keep next year's first and Orlando would get our 2019 first.

If we keep this first, Philly would get next year's first unprotected.  Orlando would lose a first rounder and instead get a second rounder this year and next.