• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Played a tough Utah team on the road tonight and lost.  Utah is likely a playoff team in the deep Western conference, but we got a break and played them without arguably their best player Gordon Heyward.  They shot twice as many free throws and we didn't have a single person have an exceptional game.  Russell, Randle and Clarkson all played sub-par games especially on the offensive end, and we were without Brandon Ingram (out with a sore knee).  But we kept this one close and actually had the lead until Utah went on a mini-run midway through the 4th.  I didn't really expect the win on the road as Utah has historically been a tough place to play, but I was pretty pleased that we were in this game when all variables seemed to be against us.  Baby steps.

Played Indiana tough on the road last night and lost again.  I think that is how this season plays out.  Upper echelon teams will have their way with us but we learn from it, we push mediocre teams but make youngster mistakes and fail to close.  Should get better as we learn Lukes system but probably won't rise to the next level until they've learned it well enough to act instinctively.  Right now, they are thinking through the steps and seize up when teams overplay because they know what the Lakers are trying to do.  Still very exciting to watch the maturation process, but expecting a top-3 pick (which of course is a bonus).

Impressed with D'lo so far this season. One thing I don't understand..his jumper is so simple and pretty...I don't get why he gets into such nasty funks with it..0-8, 0-9, etc... its too simple and pretty to go through a stretch like that.

Ingram definitely is a project. I do like his length and his ability to play point-forward, though. 

Love the fight this team has...I don't expect to contend with the elite level teams; but I love the fact that we haven't really been dominated yet. This team has fight to it and thats what you want to see with a young team.

Lakers baby! I love the fight this team has! I thought maybe when GS went on their 14-2 run int he 3rd it was going to slip but Lou Williams came to restore balance. What a win! I love this young team!

Also, Curry's streak of 157 straight regular season games with a 3 is OVER!

That felt sooooo good.  I haven't had an uneasy stomach like that in a while.  Was worried when GS went on that 3rd quarter run and for a while there we were only up 6-8 pts.  I was kind of expecting GS to turn it on but we had so many guys step up.  And could the announcers please stop talking about how this was a back-to-back for the Warriors.  We just went down to Atlanta and got a W on the second of a back-to-back.  Stop making excuses.

I just remember randomly flipping the radio to AM 830 with Rodger Lodge on. I rarely ever listen to that buffoon.

Lakers were trailing the Hawks in the 2nd quarter and Rodger Lodge was saying they were going to lose and probably start out with something like a 2-18 record and Luke Walton would be on the hot seat. 

Funny how negative he becomes when he's not a bought out shill for the angels.

We are scoring a lot of points for sure, but that is while turning it over at a fair clip and with DLo not shooting all that well.  This offense will get better, which is the scary thing.  I am really loving Julius.  I have been a tough critic of his, questioning his bball IQ and motor.  He has improved markedly on his motor, and I think having a coach who wants to/and does teach his players has done wonders.  I'd still like to see him take a few more jumpers but he is currently getting his points in a most efficient manner.  These guys are sooo fun to watch.

And, I will add, I don't really care if we don't keep the 1st rounder.  A premium free agent is worth so  much more than a pick at this point.  If the progress continues, I think we could get some FA love as it really seems like a great atmosphere to come into.  Could see a few guys start wanting to play for Luke and with a few of our pups.