• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Even if we see improvement on the court and from the young players, we may still have a bottom 2-3 record.  I feel like the 76ers and Nets will be worse for sure so we may need some lottery help to keep our pick, but we should be in the discussion for top-5 worst record primarily because the west is so deep.

22 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Definitely need to sign a superstar, who also is a good mentor type, in July 2017.   The cap space is certainly there, even with the signings of Mozgov and Deng.   Hopefully, this collection of youngsters will grow as the season progresses.

May also come down to moving pieces as well. 

23 hours ago, Stradling said:

Sadly we don't get to keep the pick unless it's the first pick or something like that.  

We keep the pick if it falls in the top 3 again, but then the 2018 first rounder becomes unprotected.  Plus, if we keep the first rounder in 2017, we lose the second rounder in 2017 and 2018 to Orlando.  Supposed to be a fairly deep class in 2017.  I've read that only Ingram and Simmons from this years draft would have been top-10 picks in the upcoming draft.

I hope you are correct AO, and there is potential for a non-bottom 3 record.  But we are very young and are learning a new system.  They are playing a style that suits them better and is more exciting to watch, but it will take time to master it, and they will need to learn how to close out wins and that takes time.  Plus, keep in mind that even if we aren't bottom 3 record wise, we likely won't be too far out and we could still get a lucky bounce of the lottery ball and land a top 3.

As far as Nick Young goes (and Lou Williams for that matter), they have both played pretty decently in the past two exhibition games.  I wonder if Luke is giving them time to either A) Showcase them and hope they play well to entice someone to accept them in trade, or 2) actually figure out how he could utilize them and put them in a position to be successful.  Nick had a nice shooting game yesterday vs. the Kings and kept us in the game at one point when we were down. 

Saw a stat from DraftExpress that said Brandon Ingram is younger than half of the first rounders in the 2017 mock draft they are running.  I plan to keep expectations in check for him.  First half of season will probably be underwhelming while he tries to adapt to the speed of the NBA game and grind of the long season.  Second half might start to show some glimmers.

The beginning of this video is what bothers me about Randle.  I like him in the big picture, but wonder whether  his issues are IQ OR cardio/effort related (the two aren't mutually exclusive), and whether the answer will limit him long-term.  Having played pickup ball for 30 years, I'd often prefer to have a teammate with lesser talent but that I knew what to expect IQ and effort-wise rather than one with more physical talent but had questionable effort.  Jury is still out on JR.

14 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Kevin Pelton predicting the Lakers end up owning the league's worst record by season end.

According to real +/- stats.... 

Pelton has the Lakers winning a league low 24 games behind PHI (26 wins) and PHX (29 wins)

Can we really get that lucky again and keep our draft pick?

that would be fine with me as long as the young guys continue to improve and gain experience. Wins don't really matter right now.

I agree with Mr. Meeseeks, if we are competitive and the youngsters are learning, I'm fine not being .500 and a potential playoff team.  As much young talent as we may have, they are immature and will need to go through a few years of growth (spurts and pain).  I'd consider it a positive, productive season if D'lo can establish himself as a leader (directing the offense primarily while cutting down dumb turnovers), Clarkson can show he can play both sides of the ball, Randle can show us consistency with effort (putting in time on J, and increasing Bball IQ...setting good screens, movement w/o ball) and Ingram shows he can catch up to speed of NBA game.  Taking the next step forward, in general for all four of them.  If we then were awarded another great young player, in a draft that is potentially extremely talented, that would be ideal.

What a game tonight by ALL of the young guns. I am LOVING Clarkson off of the bench. He has been so dominant here in the 2nd half. Russell and Randle with great games too.

Hold on for this last 60-ish seconds and get the W. Fuck Harden and Fuck Mike D'antoni (Mike Dan Tony)...We are going to have a high powered offense this year, its going to be the defense that needs to come up to level. I don't expect much more than 20 wins this year but hopefully the young guns continue to impress.

We had no interior defense, especially in the first half.  Luke seemed to make some adjustments in the second half as we only allowed 43 points I think.  I was really impressed with Ingram.  His length seemed to affect Hardens aggressiveness in the moments he guarded him, and the fact that Luke has enough confidence in him to bring the ball up when the second unit is on the floor is pleasing.  Fun game to watch.