• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Ok fair enough but should the floor be 10% lower than the ceiling?  What about transition years like the Lakers are in where the "talent" on the team is still under their rookie contracts. So you have 4 guys on the team or 25% of the team getting paid a combined $15 million. 

I love the Deng signing. He can come in and play at the 3 or the 4. Solid defensively and can knock down the 3. On top of that he's a great vet leader to help mold Ingram and Randle. 

I've also accepted these contracts. The cap floor creates this. It's only going to be more ridiculous next off season when the cap is projected to massively jump. 

Mozgov's deal is equivalent to $9-10 million/season about 4-5 years ago and Deng's is equivalent to about $12 mill. These contracts are the going rate now. I mean shit, Mike Conley just got 153 mil! 

I could see the Lakers running a lineup of D'angelo, Clarkson, Simmons, Deng, Randle pretty often. 

I don't really mind these contracts. The focus will be on developing their young core for 2-3 years and then bring in some stars when they're ready to be competitive. No point in bringing in 1 or 2 max players just to waste the first two seasons.

39 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I could see the Lakers running a lineup of D'angelo, Clarkson, Simmons, Deng, Randle pretty often. 

I don't really mind these contracts. The focus will be on developing their young core for 2-3 years and then bring in some stars when they're ready to be competitive. No point in bringing in 1 or 2 max players just to waste the first two seasons.

If they sign Durant and LBJ they are competitive right away

https://theringer.com/lakers-sign-timofey-mozgov-luol-deng-2016-nba-free-agency-59da626f5a4e#.qeaxythx8

Here's an article defending the Laker's offseason moves. One thing that hasn't been brought up is the value these guys will bring to the locker room. This is a young team and having good guys to be role models is important. It's a lot of money to spend on leadership but the future of the Lakers is going to depend on the development of the young core. The last few off seasons have shown the Lakers can't depend on FA to rebuild.

6 hours ago, eaterfan said:

https://theringer.com/lakers-sign-timofey-mozgov-luol-deng-2016-nba-free-agency-59da626f5a4e#.qeaxythx8

Here's an article defending the Laker's offseason moves. One thing that hasn't been brought up is the value these guys will bring to the locker room. This is a young team and having good guys to be role models is important. It's a lot of money to spend on leadership but the future of the Lakers is going to depend on the development of the young core. The last few off seasons have shown the Lakers can't depend on FA to rebuild.

So Mozgov is a good leader all of a sudden? 

So Jim told people that Carmelo Anthony was coming the next summer. He told people that Howard was staying the previous year.

He told people as soon as the Lakers' recent season was winding down that Kevin Durant was coming this summer...with Russell Westbrook the next.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-jim-buss-had-crazy-ideas-about-getting-durant-westbrook/

Jim Buss needs to go.

I really hope the Lakers don't jump the gun and attempt to trade for Westbrook. We've got two potential star future payers in Dlo and Ingram and two solid pieces in Randle and Clarkson. To trade for Westbrook its probably going to take 2-3 of those 4 and probably a draft pick or too. Stay away from Westbrook. If he wants to come to LA, attempt to sign him next year. If he doesn't want to be here, then I'm okay with that. We've got such a solid core to build on and watch grow. This year was all about the Kobe retirement tour, but starting this coming season, its about watching these young kids grow into the future core of the Lakers. 

I would trade for Westbrook, the problem is we don't have the pieces to make the deal and still entice him to re-sign.  I would consider trading DeAngelo and Clarkson for him, but I would include Ingram for him.  The problem is would he want to stay on a team with just himself, Ingram and Randle?  Now if you could get him for Clarkson and Randle and a draft pick, then you might be able to keep him.  

yeah, i agree with ^^^^^, nando.

give these kids a chance to play and learn, and then next summer, depending on where you're at as a team, bring in a heavy hitter if it will make the team better. westbrook seems like a 'me first' kind of guy, and i would be concerned about that interrupting the development of the team as a whole.

45 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nick Young came thiiiis close to losing his hand in a stupid fireworks accident … when the NBA star picked up a tube holding a lit artillery shell … and it exploded while he was holding it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/so-nick-young-almost-blew-his-shooting-hand-off-on-july-4-video-143731789.html

Is he literally the dumbest player in the NBA?  He can't stop tripping over his own dick

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

I would trade for Westbrook, the problem is we don't have the pieces to make the deal and still entice him to re-sign.  I would consider trading DeAngelo and Clarkson for him, but I would include Ingram for him.  The problem is would he want to stay on a team with just himself, Ingram and Randle?  Now if you could get him for Clarkson and Randle and a draft pick, then you might be able to keep him.  

Trading for Westbrook for Russell and clarkson is something Jim buss would do and it would lead the pack of the dumbest moves since he became owner. No reason to give up anything if we can sign him next offseason. If we are unable to sign him next offseason trading anything  would be even more stupid.