• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

BRANDON INGRAM! YES!

I've wanted Ingram from day 1, I'm really happy this looks like its going to happen. There is a rumor going around that the Lakers' may be looking to trade Russell for a top 5 pick, maybe they're also targeting Buddy Heild? I think thats a horrible move. I want to see Russell in Luke's offense. 

Who knows if this is just to raise the price if they decided to trade the pick.  I think Heild would be good in Luke's offense, mainly because he seems like a very good shooter.  I would prefer to give up Clarkson to get Heild or even Randle.  This is going to be a fun season, regardless of whether or not they compete, but rather because they have what the Angels don't have, promising young talent.

I could see that rumor of DLO being shopped for a top 5 pick being true if Buddy is available when Minnesota picks at 5. Karl Anthony-Towns and D'angelo are very good friends and would probably love playing together. I just think its way too early to give up on Russell. I'd much rather offer up Clarkson for Buddy. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

What world did I wake up in where I'm excited to see Luke back with the Lakers? Coach Byron traumatized the fan base.

Meanwhile, just read Dwight opted out of Houston.

The last three coached were traumatizing. If I had to choose though, I would say D'Antoni was the worst of them. It was mind-boggling that he would never play Jordan Hill (that's the first complaint on a list of about 50).

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Howard sucks

Agreed. He's way past his prime. One of the worst short-term Lakers ever. I wish him fear, famine, and pestilence.

No to trading D Russ for a pick and no way I take anyone but Ingram with the #2 pick.  Might've taken him with the #1, that's how interchangeable I think Simmons and Ingram are at the top of the draft.  Has anyone seen the sports science video on Ingram?  

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm always leery of senior players like Hield in the lottery.  

How many 4 year college players have made it big enough in the NBA over the past couple of decades?

Damian Lillard, JJ Reddick, Draymond Green, duncan, nash, Granger, 

Ingram, who is compared to Durant, should be the #2 pick....I get trading Russell, but not to get older....At this point let him be.

My biggest complaint about Scott....did not develop or look to develop the core of this team.

The future of this team....Russell, Clarkson, Randle and Ingram (hopefully)....I think Luke coming from Golden State and a similar situation will be able to develop this team into a contender...as long as Mitch doesn't screw it up.

Not really interested in Hield as I don't think he fits what the Lakers need most right now which is an impact player. He's slipping in mock drafts and a few different things I've read say long term he's maybe a starter and would be best suited to focusing on being a shooter so that he can be a JJ Reddick type.  Nothing wrong with Reddick but that's not what you generally hope to come away with when you have a top 5 pick. Take whoever doesn't go first overall out of Simmons and Ingram no need to over think it.