• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I'm sure he's good but this salary floor has really made it ridiculous.  That's the reason Deng and Mosgov got such huge contracts.  These guys are not $18 million a year players.  Hell we all thought the Lakers were stupid giving Kobe 2 years and $48 million that's a bargain compared to the Tim Hardaway Jr type contracts. 

Yeah it doesn't really matter.  It's a one year deal, either they spend that money on a player or I believe the remaining of what they don't use to reach the floor gets spread across the current roster, and the deal doesn't impact next year's offseason

I will admit to being very open to just about any of the top 4 or so prospects in this years draft.  However, in watching Ball last night in particular has me very excited that we grabbed the exact right guy.  I knew that he viewed the floor well but his outlet passes and court vision/awareness and his willingness to put balls up and allowing his teammates to go and get them was super impressive.  He also showed the ability to get to the hoop, create shots, utilize his height against shorter defenders, and provide direct offense when his team needed it most.  I think anyone watching him (Lebron?) had to be impressed and I don't think it will hurt our chances of being bigger players in next seasons free agency.

7 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

but his outlet passes and court vision/awareness and his willingness to put balls up and allowing his teammates to go and get them was super impressive.  He also showed the ability to get to the hoop, create shots, utilize his height against shorter defenders, and provide direct offense when his team needed it most

He should be moved to SG.

Seriously, this is who he is. Anyone who has watched him play over the last couple of years can tell you that moving him to another position would marginalize his talents. Magic and I both know this. 

13 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Someone at work was telling me the same thing and said it's because Pope, James and Wall all have the same agent.  Since they have the same agent the conclusion is somehow now that he'll market the Lakers to his marquee clients who can opt out in the next few years.

That would be nothing more than a guess, which imo, is far from him reporting that they are " seriously considering" it. 

How many times have 2 or 3 superstar players who share the same agent, signed with the same team? 

10 hours ago, Lou said:

That would be nothing more than a guess, which imo, is far from him reporting that they are " seriously considering" it. 

How many times have 2 or 3 superstar players who share the same agent, signed with the same team? 

I don't disagree - it's merely speculation that gives Simmons something to write about and the type of stuff that seems to fuel too many sports writers these days.  In the end it works because you've got people on here and people out in the real world talking about it.

Have to remember that he is a year younger in college experience than Magic was.

Lonzo has the same one year than Russell had in college.   The difference is of course in their styles of play.

Lonzo's passing will be much more attractive to FAs, and more chances of team success, than Russell's shoot first game.

Let them grow as a team this season, then add George and if possible one other premium FA.

I am then hopeful of them seeing the 2019 post-season. 

lonzo is going to be his own dude even though people will compare him to others. I got back into basketball last year and really look forward to this season to see who or if they take the next step. it's la and they will have cap space (especially if they can get rid of dengs contract), but no one will want to play here if they suck and it's a "rebuilding" time still after a few years of trying to do so. team should compete if they stay healthy.