• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

1 minute ago, Tank said:

is westbrook a point guard? i don't know enough the NBA to know if he is, but he seems like a shooting guard to me, and i don't know why anyone would want him to be something different than that.

keep him at SG and Ball at PG and you've got a dynamite backcourt.

He's a point guard but I am sure he could play shooting guard.  He averaged a triple double so he gets assists.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He's a point guard but I am sure he could play shooting guard.  He averaged a triple double so he gets assists.  

thanks, that's what i was figuring from the conversation.

put him at SG and let him do his thing. assists are a romantic stat, and while it sounds pretty darn impressive to average a triple double, i'll bet that's not as high a priority for westbrook as scoring and rebounding. but i could also be very wrong about this.

To win in the NBA you need team players, you need players willing to play out of position and sacrifice stats for the better team. Don't know if Westbrook is that kind of guy but if he is willing to do that I will have no problems with the Lakers signing him. Kind of like Paul and Harden in Houston, lets see how that works out. 

Westbrook loves having the ball in his hands and pushing it up the court. He just flies by defenders. He's not going to give up $75 million to go to a team that allows him less control of the offense. 

Bruins don't step on eachother's toes. 

8 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

To win in the NBA you need team players, you need players willing to play out of position and sacrifice stats for the better team. Don't know if Westbrook is that kind of guy but if he is willing to do that I will have no problems with the Lakers signing him. Kind of like Paul and Harden in Houston, lets see how that works out. 

Westbrook has never been that type of player. 

And Paul/Harden is a natural fit, position wise. One is a PG and the other is a SG 

Edited by Lou

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

is westbrook a point guard? i don't know enough the NBA to know if he is, but he seems like a shooting guard to me, and i don't know why anyone would want him to be something different than that.

keep him at SG and Ball at PG and you've got a dynamite backcourt.

Yes, Westbrook is a PG. 

35 minutes ago, Lou said:

Westbrook has never been that type of player. 

And Paul/Harden is a natural fit, position wise. One is a PG and the other is a SG 

Who cares what the natural position is, Harden likes the having the ball in his hands just as much as Westbrook, I think Paul/Harden is a perfect comparison to Ball/Westbrook. 

You seem to believe that the Lakers shouldn't even entertain the possibility of signing Westbrook. I believe it would be a mistake not to at least have an interview and see what Westbrook's priorities are. 

Ball

westbrook

ingram

george

zubac 

trade deng's contract with 1 of Clarkson, Randle, nance . Like they did with Russell. 

Not sure what the plan is? this is my pipedream but they're gonna need more help than just George to contend with the west 

On June 30, 2017 at 8:48 PM, tennischmp said:

Who cares what the natural position is, Harden likes the having the ball in his hands just as much as Westbrook, I think Paul/Harden is a perfect comparison to Ball/Westbrook. 

You seem to believe that the Lakers shouldn't even entertain the possibility of signing Westbrook. I believe it would be a mistake not to at least have an interview and see what Westbrook's priorities are. 

have I stated what I think the Lakers should do? 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Agreed. Would be a perfect signing because Hill can play off the ball and it would only be a one year deal. It's crazy how much better this front office is than the previous one. They are doing everything that the previous FO should have done.

I'm not so sure Ball won't be playing off the ball more often. Here's what the Ringer's Jonathan Tjarks said about Ball "Lonzo, to me, is more of a shooting guard who can stretch a defense out to 28-plus feet, grab boards, push the pace himself, and then take advantage of ball movement created by another point guard."

I think Hill will be a good fit.