• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

Why are some fans absolutely losing sleep over losing KD 

do they not realize we are in full rebuild mode? How delusional are they?

Sports fans tend to be delusional in general. This is a fanbase that would hate the idea of the Lakers signing Lebron James.

Durant to the Lakers never made sense, other than Durant taking a big pay day and trying to help rebuild a franchise that could take years to accomplish. He's looking to win a championship and we don't even know if the Lakers could even become a top 10 team next year.

I get that the cap is going up and prices will get crazy but he's 29 and his career averages are 7 points, 5 boards and 1 block a game.  They need a C but to go this hard after him right when FA starts tells me they have no faith in landing any of the better FA C's.  I guess their plan is him, big money on a SG then fill out the roster from there. 

These contracts are insane. Eh, NBA is quickly becoming MLB in regards to prices. You have to look at the cap % though, not the figure amount. Either way, the Mozgov deal is fucking stupid. He's no better than Roy Hibbert. If he can rehab properly this summer and come into next year healthy, he'll be a clear upgrade over Hibbert. But still not worth $16 million/season. Look at it this way, he's getting as much guaranteed money as Philip Rivers and Eli Manning. Crazy to think about...

A front court of Randle/Mozgov does not sound appealing...

I love the price of the Clarkson contract. Glad he's back and I'm glad he's willing to move to the bench if need be. 

Nic Batum back to Charlotte (5/120), Drummond staying in Detroit (5/130), Beal staying in Washington (5/128), Whiteside staying in Miami (4/98), Parsons offered a max from Portland...what a day to be an NBA player.

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

These contracts are insane. Eh, NBA is quickly becoming MLB in regards to prices. You have to look at the cap % though, not the figure amount. Either way, the Mozgov deal is fucking stupid. He's no better than Roy Hibbert. If he can rehab properly this summer and come into next year healthy, he'll be a clear upgrade over Hibbert. But still not worth $16 million/season. Look at it this way, he's getting as much guaranteed money as Philip Rivers and Eli Manning. Crazy to think about...

A front court of Randle/Mozgov does not sound appealing...

I love the price of the Clarkson contract. Glad he's back and I'm glad he's willing to move to the bench if need be. 

Nic Batum back to Charlotte (5/120), Drummond staying in Detroit (5/130), Beal staying in Washington (5/128), Whiteside staying in Miami (4/98), Parsons offered a max from Portland...what a day to be an NBA player.

Jeremy Lin just for 3 years for 36m as a backup 

the mozgov deal doesn't look too bad now. The Warriors and Spurs were also interested in him. They overpaid but the money isn't the issue. He also has a team option on the last year so it could be 3/48 which isn't bad considering all the terrible deals being handed out. The lakers overpaid but as is everyone else. Luckily for the lakers they have the cap room. After sleeping on it I really don't think it's a horrible deal. Luke knows mozgov. He's scouted him thoroughly the last 2 years playing him in the finals. I think Luke knows what exactly he is getting in Moz. 

and I'd rather have moz than Hibbert 

The Mozgov deal still looks like shit.  This guy played his way out of the eventual champions lineup in the playoffs.  Healthy or not his style of play isn't suited to the offense the Lakers will run under Luke.  The only hope is that they get closer to what he showed in the 2015 playoffs than what he's shown the rest of his career.  I like when I go to sportsline and click the FA tracker you see that Derozan who is top 5 signed then I have to scroll down to the 60's to see the next biggest signing - Mozgov.  

Jimmy Bob is a total buffoon!

Mozgov averaged a whopping 6.3 pts. and 4.4 rebs this past season, and only played a handful of minutes per game in the post-season!

He is BARELY an upgrade over Hibbert.

WORST FA signing in franchise history!

Go back to playing the horses, Jimmy Bob Bum!

Russell/Huertas 
Clarkson/Lou 
Ingram/Young/Brown 
Randle/Nance 
Mozgov /Zubac/Black 

As of right now this is our roster. We def need some vet presence. We have some big Centers as well.

id love a PF that could stretch the floor