• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Even though the Lakers are likely to have the second worst record in the league I am still nervous about them keeping their 1st round pick. The Lakers pick is only top 3 protected, and there is still around a 44% change of them losing their pick to Philly.

I think it would be interesting for the Lakers to try to hedge their pick by making a pre-lottery trade. My idea...

To Philly: the right to swap their 1st round pick for the Lakers 1st round pick (almost doubling their chances to getting the number 1 pick overall).

To LA:  having their 1st round pick protected from top 3, to top 4 (adding a 32% chance for the Lakers keeping their pick, or Philly's).

I don't know if Philly would do that, but I would make that trade.

And another game bites the dust!

10 games to go, and 2nd place is theirs.

If the Lakers draw the #1 lottery ball:

Simmons or Ingram?

There probably isn't a wrong answer but Ingram likely fits a team need more, seeing as we don't have a future SF to build with.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we didn't draft either.  The #1 overall pick would be an enticing chip to lure a trade for an established star to move forward with immediate competitiveness (and luring impending free agents).  One can only wonder what a package of the #1 might bring back, especially if you packaged it with Clarkson or Randle.  Not saying we have to make a move like that, but I could certainly see that as an option if the Lakers are wanting to become relevant again more quickly.

This is true. The #1 pick will earn $5 million plus. We could resign Clarkson and then include him, as well as Lou Williams or Swaggy. When Cleveland obtained Kevin Love for Wiggins, they made up some of the differential with a trade exception valued at $6 million and change.

Not saying we will make a deal like this, but under the right circumstances we could. I'd be fine drafting Ingram or Simmons, and then signing a few free agents (fill in your faves, obtainable or not, here). Either plan is fine by me as long as we are moving forward and changing the current culture of losing. No. More. Tank.

Not that I would do it, but trading the 3 youngsters for Cousins would still leave us with the top-3 pick and 2 max contracts (assuming that the $12 million going out in contracts and adding some of the $12 million we have beyond the two maxes we'd have remaining to go towards Cousins deal).  Would having Cousins draw KD and Derozan?  Draft Kris Dunn and you're running out Dunn, Derozan, KD, Nance and Cousins.  Probably have a little money left to add some solid, vet depth.

Another option I saw that was interesting.  Assuming worst case and no major free agents come, would you deal the overall #1 pick (and small additions) for Jimmy Butler and taking on the final year of Derrick Rose's contract?

Big question is how to repair the team from something like this. Can the team recover? Reports about the rift in the clubhouse are really ugly, and deservedly so.

Both Young and Russell are supposed to appear together at a pre-game presser tonight. They'll say the right things but I don't think it'll matter in the end.

I'd suspend Russell for the rest of the season and then trade him this summer.

Edited by Tank